• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

He's soooooo misunderstood.

As to the numbers. It’s here nor there between 7 or 10 million ….it’s a disaster regardless

however but I included the 2.4 million under Trump to make it the 10 million, to provide balance

in saying that. It appears we are both wrong…under Biden alone it’s over 10 million

JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
  • Since Joe Biden took office:
    • There have been 8.7 million illegal crossings nationwide.
    • There have been OVER 7.2 MILLION illegal crossings of our Southern Border.
      • The total number of illegal immigrants who have entered through our Southern Border is greater than the population of 36 states
      • Th
      • ere have been 1.8 million known gotaways who evaded U.S. Border Patrol.
      • takes the number over 10 million

The people of the USA care and rightly so, Biden got his knuckles smacked for daring to describe the killer of a US girl as an illegal instead of "undocumented", Democrats dont see the border as important.

Progressive Democrats turn on Joe Biden for calling alleged murderer of Laken Riley an 'illegal' in State of the Union and say he should have used term 'undocumented'​

I just don't care. 🤷‍♂️
It's closer to 7 million under Biden btw.
I'm sure it will feature in the elections for those that respond to a dog whistle.
There are many issues I care about much more.

As to the numbers. It’s here nor there between 7 or 10 million ….it’s a disaster regardless

however but I included the 2.4 million under Trump to make it the 10 million, to provide balance

in saying that. It appears we are both wrong…under Biden alone it’s over 10 million

JOE BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
  • Since Joe Biden took office:
    • There have been 8.7 million illegal crossings nationwide.
    • There have been OVER 7.2 MILLION illegal crossings of our Southern Border.
      • The total number of illegal immigrants who have entered through our Southern Border is greater than the population of 36 states
      • Th
      • ere have been 1.8 million known gotaways who evaded U.S. Border Patrol.
      • takes the number over 10 million
I hardly think a GOP link would be unbiased but like I said I really don't care that much. I was going by this.

Well, that suggests you do have an opinion or do to a degree but a “dog whistle “????
that implies its not a problem?
Only in the sense that immigrants are an easy target to outrage people. Trump did this by demonising Mexicans; "criminals, rapists, and drug dealers". Howard did it with children overboard.
@Bluey, I'm sure it will be an election issue for some. Immigration has never been much of an issue for me in Australia, so I care even less about the US issue.

There were much other more important issues to me; environment, international relations, healthcare, jobs, the rich and corporations paying fair share of taxes, women's reproductive rights, Ukraine and Russia, China's rise in the Pacific, to name a few.

Last edited:
Only in the sense that immigrants are an easy target to outrage people
Are you of the belief that having 10 million documented people cross the border is not a problem?
Having been over there last year and seen them sleeping and defecating in the streets, I disagree with your dismissal
Healtcare? Education? jobs? Housing? for 7 to 11 MILLION people?
it’s not sustainable and not fair on the citizen of the country. Many who are struggling

Are you of the belief that having 10 million documented people cross the border is not a problem?
Having been over there last year and seen them sleeping and defecating in the streets, I disagree with your dismissal
Healtcare? Education? jobs? Housing? for 7 to 11 MILLION people?
it’s not sustainable and not fair on the citizen of the country. Many who are struggling
Yes, I am, but it's complex. Read these articles (or not). These numbers aren't historically new for the US either.

The Newsweek article is a fluff piece. as you rejected the GOP article it is well known that Newsweek is left wing/liberal.

The article covers the cracks by talking about the benefits of immigration. Those benefits are undeniable for the millions of legitimate migrants.

Border invaders don’t have anything to contribute to the cost of keeping them alive. Can’t buy houses, Jobless, No health care, no education. Whatever number you want to believe, there’s no way that 7 million or 10 million can survive without taking billions out of the USA coffers.

it’s a legitimate concern.
Rather oddly, Biden now says the border is a problem😆😆

After he politicised to win votes he’s now back flipped

you are right though in saying it’s a complex issue

The US has a problem that has been extant for years,should Ozzie Bobs be concerned?

Given you just did a silly laugh icon rather than discus, I’ll lay it out further for you

article is 2018 and rightly points out the benefits of immigration. Even illegal. Never been in dispute💡

your article clearly states that those benefits are for people already entrenched and contributing to the econom. People with jobs and money to spend💡

your article clearly states that in 2018 the number of illegals was 400k💡

Not 1 million, not 5 million not 7 million not 10 million but 400,000💡

Are you seriously going to claim that the absorption of 400k is the same as 7 million?

Are you seriously going to claim that the 7million that have bombarded the border under Biden have jobs, have cars, are paying tax and are not a strain on health, policing, education, etc?💡

Knock yourself out hating Trump, I get it but don’t think for one moment you can dismiss the failures and lies of Biden…especially on the border…well actually you can, and clearly will.
Personality not policy is how most view politics, sadly

Once again, the laughing icon without countering my comments tells me I’m spot on & correct👐

Here’s how the United States has fared since President Joe Biden took office three years ago:

• The economy added more than 14 million jobs. The number is now nearly 4.9 million higher than before the pandemic.
  • The unemployment rate dropped back to just above the pre-pandemic low; unfilled job openings again outnumber unemployed job seekers.
  • Inflation spiked to the highest level in over 40 years. Despite recent moderation, consumer prices are up nearly 18% overall during Biden’s time. Gasoline is up 29%.
  • Average weekly earnings haven’t kept pace with prices. After adjusting for inflation, “real” weekly earnings declined 3.4%.
  • Defying expectations, the nation’s economy expanded 2.5% in 2023, marking the third straight year of economic growth.
  • Crime data show a decrease in murders in U.S. cities in 2022 and 2023.
  • The S&P 500 has increased 28.2%.
  • The number of apprehensions of those trying to cross the southern border illegally remains near historical highs. For the 12 months ending in November, apprehensions are up 296%.
  • For the third straight year, gun purchases declined, as measured by background checks for firearm sales.
  • Crude oil production is up 12.7%; imports are up 8.7%.
  • The trade deficit for goods and services is about 20.9% higher.
  • The number of people without health insurance has gone down; enrollment in Affordable Care Act marketplace plans is at its highest point yet.
  • The number of people receiving federal food assistance has declined by more than 700,000.
  • The publicly held debt has increased by about 24.7%.

Back