• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Energy Bills🥴

Being a union activist I have a special discount of a $1000 Sutto!

I used to be a stong believer in unions but stopped being a member due to cost and the fact that they were basically, ineffective
you could name the good ones in less than one hand

I used to be a stong believer in unions but stopped being a member due to cost and the fact that they were basically, ineffective
To use a well worn old expression, they are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

There was a place for them decades ago, but that time has long passed.

We have 5KW solar panels and for the 2 of us our average bill is around 280-300$ for a quarter, we never have to heat our home being in Brisbane, the really sad thing is that had any govt of either party attempted to build a high tech low emissions cola fired power plant and you would have had thousands of " do gooder" protesters throwing themselves in front of the bulldozers, politically it was a no go, but meanwhile in China and India hundreds of coal fired power plants are being built right now.

We have 5KW solar panels and for the 2 of us our average bill is around 280-300$ for a quarter, we never have to heat our home being in Brisbane, the really sad thing is that had any govt of either party attempted to build a high tech low emissions cola fired power plant and you would have had thousands of " do gooder" protesters throwing themselves in front of the bulldozers, politically it was a no go, but meanwhile in China and India hundreds of coal fired power plants are being built right now.
WE looked into solar panels. Now it does not rain THAT much in Mossy and especially Robbo ( Robertson) but you can count on one hand the number of completely sunny days you get. You go down Jamberoo Mountain pass and half the way down you can't see the hand in front of your face.

About the same as decent Conservative Party leaders.
Abbot,Morrison fruit loop and a host of other scumbags.
Keating got it right!
Hewson,Peacock a lineup of jerks,
Lifes too short comrade Sutto!

Last edited:
To use a well worn old expression, they are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

There was a place for them decades ago, but that time has long passed.
I work for myself now but all the workplaces I've been at with good union representation were by far the best places to work. I had a significant workplace injury in one of those workplaces and the Union was superb in the support and legal representation. Can't thank them enough.

I work for myself now but all the workplaces I've been at with good union representation were by far the best places to work. I had a significant workplace injury in one of those workplaces and the Union was superb in the support and legal representation. Can't thank them enough.

To each their own.

Spot on

Funny thing is, when things go pear shaped people scream “where’s the union”😆
Happened a lot throughout my career.
The ridiculous thing was, those doing the screaming were always refusing to join the union 😆😆

You Can't get me, i'm part of the union,
Until the day i die, Until the day i die.

I think that is how the song went.

Latest posts

Back