• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Do you have confidence in the current administration?

Do you have confidence in the current administration?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have said it before and will say it again.

The fish rots from the head.

I have lost all faith in Solly , starting from his refusal , yes his refusal to get a woman's team into the WNRL. Some will say it is the NRL that has refused Souths . Well I say if , we had a leader who wanted a woman team in the WNRL , he would have ensured he understood what a winning proposal was and done it , years ago.

the Souths travel circus in recent years , may have sold us a few more "caps" and "shitty member bags" , however increased our exposure to travel / recovery/ increased routine disruption issues.

I slammed the Las Vegas trip , when announced, for same above reasons.We never recovered from this.

Our decision making for injury recovery has been lousy losing Graham for the full season and Munro for most.

Our squad investment poor . One thing is to lose Reynolds and Nikorima at the same time, another is not ensuring adequate replacement depth . We had Ilias and Hawkins already and did not invest in an experienced replacement half.We allowed Sua to go to Saints and did not replace him with like.

Our Junior develepment investment very questionable given where we stand on current table.We are anything but a strong club in all grades , even allowing for last years surprise Reserve grade success.

No.

From on field performance.
To management of culture.
All the way to handling of membership process.

There are issues.

I think its time for a new set of eyes.

I have said it before and will say it again.

The fish rots from the head.

I have lost all faith in Solly , starting from his refusal , yes his refusal to get a woman's team into the WNRL. Some will say it is the NRL that has refused Souths . Well I say if , we had a leader who wanted a woman team in the WNRL , he would have ensured he understood what a winning proposal was and done it , years ago.

the Souths travel circus in recent years , may have sold us a few more "caps" and "shitty member bags" , however increased our exposure to travel / recovery/ increased routine disruption issues.

I slammed the Las Vegas trip , when announced, for same above reasons.We never recovered from this.

Our decision making for injury recovery has been lousy losing Graham for the full season and Munro for most.

Our squad investment poor . One thing is to lose Reynolds and Nikorima at the same time, another is not ensuring adequate replacement depth . We had Ilias and Hawkins already and did not invest in an experienced replacement half.We allowed Sua to go to Saints and did not replace him with like.

Our Junior develepment investment very questionable given where we stand on current table.We are anything but a strong club in all grades , even allowing for last years surprise Reserve grade success.

Refusal?
Yes refusal?
You sure?

I think you’ll find that B. Solly is very involved in trying to get the club, and all clubs, a better deal through merchandising & branding & recompense for the clubs intellectual property
I’d be interested to see how the financials are for clubs with women’s teams & perhaps our waiting is a commercial decision, I know we are fully commited to having a team & the facilities for the girls at Heffron are great

You can slam the Vegas trip all you like but all clubs are going to be exposed to it

Our decision making with injuries is guided by the best medical advice, if you think you know better well I’d like to hear all about it Dr Wheelbarrow

Last edited:
Everyone talks about when Wayne goes, but why does he have to go?

If he wants to stay on and is capable of doing so then maybe we need to keep him long term so he can build some success?

Wayne can stay for as long as he likes but Wayne won’t be around forever.

Refusal?
Yes refusal?
You sure?

I think you’ll find that B. Solly is very involved in trying to get the club, and all clubs, a better deal through merchandising & branding & recompense for the clubs intellectual property
I’d be interested to see how the financials are for clubs with women’s teams & perhaps our waiting is a commercial decision, I know we are fully commited to having a team & the facilities for the girls at Heffron are great

You can slam the Vegas trip all you like but all clubs are going to be exposed to it

Our decision making with injuries is guided by the best medical advice, if you think you know better well I’d like to hear all about it Dr Wheelbarrow

This is a reply I would expect from Solly or his mother.

1) "perhaps our waiting is a commercial decision".

Yes , this looks like a refusal to me. Solly's commercial decision.

On the woman's team in the WNRL , this impacts our future . New young female fans , are not following Souths , as we do not have a team. If NEW fans start following other clubs , dare I say Roosters , the chances of them switching , when Souths finally have a team a less . We potentially lose young fans for the rest of their lives.

Appears Solly focused on todays financials and not tomorrows.

2) If the "best medical advice" was operate on Graham in Sept 2023 and be sure he is ready by April 2024 ( unfortunately miss on Las Vegas) , OR wait and see if it heals by itself , there is a chance .

Well if that is the best medical advice. I would not go to them , and would sack whoever hired them

Last edited:
In simple terms, no.

It seems like they're hoping Wayne Bennett will be the silver bullet to fix everything.

But there have been obvious mistakes being made that have led us to where we are now that shouldn't have happened.

No doubt, Wayne will help though.

I guess they deserve credit for bringing in a guy who can give them what they need.

Agree and to confirm the point, we were top 4 finishers for years and the whinging was still almost as bad.
How people found constant fault with Richo was astounding!
And during that time did we address one shortcoming to deliver a title?

The perfect example is our right wing position we let Suallii go and replaced him with Paulo, then doubled down by playing Paulo at centre

The arseclowns in front office were too busy patting themselves on the back and putting out endless self indulgent social media posts instead of being ruthless and doing what was required to take the next step

This club cares more about the bottom line than premiership’s. Soon when membership numbers dive and sponsors retreat they will realise that the worst thing for your bottom line is losing

It’s a second chance at a succession plan after Wayne, hopefully some lessons were learnt

And during that time did we address one shortcoming to deliver a title?

The perfect example is our right wing position we let Suallii go and replaced him with Paulo, then doubled down by playing Paulo at centre

The arseclowns in front office were too busy patting themselves on the back and putting out endless self indulgent social media posts instead of being ruthless and doing what was required to take the next step

This club cares more about the bottom line than premiership’s. Soon when membership numbers dive and sponsors retreat they will realise that the worst thing for your bottom line is losing

I don’t know that it was a matter of letting Suaalli go, I don’t think
Anyone is across what happened there & the reasoning why he’s not at Souths before going to union might be good
As for Paulo, multiple clubs see something in the kid & for some reason none have been able to unlock any potential, we gave it a shot like the others, we’re not Robinson Crusoe

“The arseclowns in front office were too busy patting themselves on the back and putting out endless self indulgent social media posts instead of being ruthless and doing what was required to take the next step”

That’s just inflammatory & full of small minded hyperbole
If you don’t like the social media, don’t engage, it’s easy

A bunch of excuses.
Not excuses it is the reality.

We had the worst injury toll I can remember in 57 years of memory of Souths. Injuries flow through all grades as players play up they have to be replaced by others to play up. At one stage we had 13 of the top 30 injured most with season ending injuries. The injuries showed our depth in the forwards is pretty good. As far the backs. We had half of the NRL squads back injured with long term injuries.

You cant win games if you don't have the cattle and all the best cattle was not on the paddock. Simple.

Latest posts

Back