• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Do you have confidence in the current administration?

Do you have confidence in the current administration?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wizard

Reaction score
The 2024 season has closed and after successive years of missing the finals, I thought it was worth posing the question.

There have been a number of circumstances that have caused me to question the current direction of the club and whether fresh eyes and fresh brains could maybe benefit the organisation.

This includes the board, CEO and senior football staff.

When did South Sydney begin to accept mediocrity?

When did South Sydney begin mismanaging off-field issues? ie Latrell's suspension?

There appears to be a feeling that Wayne will come and sort everything out.

That's well and good but a broom needs to be put through every department because we should be a club that does not accept mediocrity and based on the last two seasons, we have become a mediocre club.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

1) we have had a disastrous injury toll
2) we had the coaching saga
3) we have an interim coach
4) by and large even with those issues the last 2/3rds of the year has had positives.
5) The front office is strong
6) The mole in the ranks has gone.
7) The LM suspension was not mismanaged the NRL again showed how inconsistent they are
8) the CEO is a very good operator.
9) Footy staff yes a broom needs to go through that and will with an incoming coach
10) I do not believe we are accepting mediocrity.
11) We will rise from the ashes of 2024.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

1) we have had a disastrous injury toll
2) we had the coaching saga
3) we have an interim coach
4) by and large even with those issues the last 2/3rds of the year has had positives.
5) The front office is strong
6) The mole in the ranks has gone.
7) The LM suspension was not mismanaged the NRL again showed how inconsistent they are
8) the CEO is a very good operator.
9) Footy staff yes a broom needs to go through that and will with an incoming coach
10) I do not believe we are accepting mediocrity.
11) We will rise from the ashes of 2024.
Some responses
1). Not dissimilar to some other sides
2). Which could have been resolved last year if we had acted accordingly
3). And……?
4). We lost our last 7 games. We came 16th of of 17. I‘m Struggling to find some positives. Ok. heres one. We’ve won 10 of our last 37 games
5). OK. I’ll give you that
6). You sure about that….they‘ll be another one. It’s rugby league
7). General consensus outside the club is that we tried to take the piss. We all know it’s true
8). He’s just got to stop hating everyone. Things will get easier when he does
9. A big if. Let’s wait to hear what happens
10. As long as we take short cuts we’re accepting mediocrity. Have a look at our lower grades. It’s embarrassing how low this club has fallen
11. I friggen hope so…..where do we go next if it doesn’t happen

Great post.

We essentially finished last in all grades this year. Across the board our entire club failed.

Now, the injury toll had a knock on effect. Cup players became our first graders, flegg and ball became cup players, etc. But it's not acceptable to just shrug our shoulders.

Injuries must be looked at as preventable too. Or else why even have medical staff? So they must be on the chopping block too.

For me this is the worst season in living memory. Because our other shit years, including spoon years, had not even 1/10th of the resources this club had this year.

Our roster was not 16th in the league. But its top heavy and we have nobody asides from Gray and Munro who play above their wage at the moment, which all good teams need.

Terrible season, plodderpocalypse is completely and utterly here, raider will be called names because in round 1 next year when all the flaws in our game are still there I'll just be told "itS oNLY ROUND 1" by the positivity police.

Groundhog day.

Sack everybody, replace with Wayne hires. Done.

The 2024 season has closed and after successive years of missing the finals, I thought it was worth posing the question.

There have been a number of circumstances that have caused me to question the current direction of the club and whether fresh eyes and fresh brains could maybe benefit the organisation.

This includes the board, CEO and senior football staff.

When did South Sydney begin to accept mediocrity?

When did South Sydney begin mismanaging off-field issues? ie Latrell's suspension?

There appears to be a feeling that Wayne will come and sort everything out.

That's well and good but a broom needs to be put through every department because we should be a club that does not accept mediocrity and based on the last two seasons, we have become a mediocre club.

We accepted mediocrity for about 40 yrs from the mid 70s until Crowe took over
We’ve mismanaged so many things I’ve forgotten most of them
People seem to forget that we’re privately owned, the board consists of representatives of our owners & a few others
Despite a few hiccups the last few years, there has been some turmoil, it’s amplified because we focus on it being supporters, other clubs go through it too, we just need a bit of stability again & plan better for succession, our recruitment could be better, we could be a bit more arrogant & demanding on what we expect of junior teams, seems we still rely too heavily on Souths junior players
I think Solly is doing a good job with the club, we seem to be commercially going pretty well, Brock Schaefer seems like a bad loss
I hope the last few years is the impetus for some change, we have the means & resources to enact it

The problem is our front office has always been shit.
Remember when richo signed Isaac luke without his management knowing no nrl couldn't register it until he paid his management their share?

Remember when rusty went on TV bragging about Inglis which almost cost us his signature if he didn't threaten to go to afl.

Remember when we resigned madge to only sack him less then a year later. Like the current board did with JD.

coaches getting knocked out, captains in US bar room brawls, owners on quad bikes, players ODing on pain meds. We have never had it right. The only difference is the old administration got us to 2 grandfinals.

The reported resigning of Tass for 3 years, even at minimum wage, (which I highly doubt) demonstrates the ineptitude of our current administration. It speaks of lazy recruitment, as did Kennar and Gagai.

I have very little confidence in the coaching structure (NSW cup to HM) and even less in our recruitment and retention/pathways.

Remember when richo signed Isaac luke without his management knowing no nrl couldn't register it until he paid his management their share?

Remember when rusty went on TV bragging about Inglis which almost cost us his signature if he didn't threaten to go to afl.

Remember when we resigned madge to only sack him less then a year later. Like the current board did with JD.

coaches getting knocked out, captains in US bar room brawls, owners on quad bikes, players ODing on pain meds. We have never had it right. The only difference is the old administration got us to 2 grandfinals.
The writing on the wall was there for all to see in Las Vegas

while the three other teams heading over there took it seriously we treated it like a holiday

the NFL style ‘walk-in’ when we turned up to captains run in costumes was the start

we were clearly very unfit at the start of the season and once we caught up the season was already over.

the time for player power is over. Hopefully WB cracks the whips and tells anyone who doesn’t want to put in to push off.

The best thing said so far is we seemingly have the resources and means to be the best but we always come off looking cheap. Everything we do screams budget.

We need a rejig. Our pathway results are rubbish, you could barely pick 3 guys that you could say will definitely make it, we always look like we’ve picked up the scraps and no one physically or athletically looks the part. I’m tired of the “lets have 3 possible NRL players amongst the 200 junior players we contract’ approach

We continue to fail to rectify NRL squad short comings - like seriously how long have we known Tom was leaving or likely to and we havent found a replacement? Our only genuine big man who had some impact. Meanwhile the Roosters always have these massive athletic humans ready to pop straight in, I’m starting to think their model really is the way.. for a district where we dont produce genuine NRL front rowers, we should be poaching whoever is the NSW/QLD/AUS schoolboy front rowers in our system.

Anytime we’ve had adverse media in the last
12-18 months we seem to be always fighting off the ropes and just come out looking like amateurs.

Please stop talking about effort too - I dont care, that is the bare minimum requirement.

Or the reality is that our supporter base will never be truly happy & whinge about the administration
I’m heartened that it’s pretty universal & most clubs supporters whinge equally about theirs
If you’re not top 4 every year the supporters are complaining, it’s a tough gig & you get rid of people & you could potentially make it worse

The reported resigning of Tass for 3 years, even at minimum wage, (which I highly doubt) demonstrates the ineptitude of our current administration. It speaks of lazy recruitment, as did Kennar and Gagai.

I have very little confidence in the coaching structure (NSW cup to HM) and even less in our recruitment and retention/pathways.
That just made me scream last night. Tass tries as hard as anyone in the squad, no doubt… but he is so ineffective its not funny.

He isnt fast or athletic or a demon out of the backfield or a great defensive centre.. he is meh at best in every part of the game. So why 3 years? Was another NRL club knocking the door down for him? I don’t want to see him play more than say 6 games a year because it’ll ideally mean we’re doing well.

But again we just stockpile meh - we never have a depth player with a point of difference. Tass, Kennar, Thompson etc - they are all the same. Not one of them is quicker or more athletic or better at X than the other!

What a load of rubbish...by that I mean this thread, not the club.

Who says the club accepts mediocrity?

Yes, we've had a couple of poor years (or a year and a half) but since 2012 Souths have missed out on the finals just 3 times.

In that period we have won a grand final, lost a a grand final and made numerous preliminary finals.

Is that a sign of incompetence or accepting mediocrity?

And people have the audacity to claim that fans of other clubs have a sense of entitlement.

The biggest problem with our club is the we are so focussed on reminding everyone about our past, we‘ve forgotten we need to think about our future
Well there is nothing like the 2 seasons we have just had to stop focusing on the past. Agree setting up for the future is more important now.

Latest posts

Back