• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Dean Hawkins

I really couldn't care less which 7 they pick , but when you get 48 points put on you, surely you think about playing arguably your best backline defender. I saw zero difference in Hawkins kicking game compared to Illias. It was probably worse if looked at closely and that's the main reason he was picked ahead of Illias. We need to shore up our defensive line, and no one can dispute Illias is rock solid in that department.
The Roosters weren’t great, but they were better than the Broncos.

They would have put 48 on us the week before as well, playing like that.

I really couldn't care less which 7 they pick , but when you get 48 points put on you, surely you think about playing arguably your best backline defender. I saw zero difference in Hawkins kicking game compared to Illias. It was probably worse if looked at closely and that's the main reason he was picked ahead of Illias. We need to shore up our defensive line, and no one can dispute Illias is rock solid in that department.
It was probably worse? Based on what? Did he not kick it out on the full enough for you?

I don’t remember Hawkins letting in any tries either off the top of my head

It was probably worse? Based on what? Did he not kick it out on the full enough for you?

I don’t remember Hawkins letting in any tries either off the top of my head
I couldn't care less really as they're both as average as each other,but Illias is a better defender. Did you not read my comment? His kicking game was no better than anything Illias has done . Every halfback can kick out on the full just look at Hynes yesterday so hows that such a big deal

as no better than anything Illias has done . Every halfback can kick out on the full just look at Hynes yesterday so hows that such a big deal

Come on man. It’s only our blokes who do it.
Maybe the sharks should drop Hynes🤣🤣
One clown in the radio was saying
he’s no good 🤣🤣

That is not right at all.

Round 1:
Ilias 13 kicks 483m
Walker 7 kicks 236m
Round 2:
Ilias 7 kicks 173m
Walker 6 kicks 189m
Round 3:
Hawkins 9 kicks 257m
Walker 5 kicks 90m

I don’t see the point in dropping him after one game. It would be a pointless exercise for both he and Ilias. But I found his kicking game the other night to be sub par.

Whilst this is true for most part here. This wasn’t the case from a certain group of people on FB.
Those pesky facts again.

And to say Ilias has had 1 good game in 26 or whatever - is just more lies and exaggeration from that poster.

Hawkins shouldn’t and won’t be dropped after 1 game.

And against the Dogs, I say again I hope he has a blinder. I will be ecstatic if Hawkins has a game for the ages (because I don’t death ride players).

But Kempy, there have been been people on this forum who have death ridden Lachy since day 1, who went super super quiet after Friday night.

And I read an article in the SMH where a former halfback of the club called Lachy when he had been dropped and made sure he was ok and gave him some words of wisdom.

It’s a mark of that man, who remains a legend of the club to do that.

And again Lachy had a strong game in reserves. He needs a few more to get his confidence back and I think to develop the confidence to put Latrell and Cody in their respective boxes in 1st grade (if the over calling is true).

Just spoke to my Roosters mate he said he noticed Hawkins thought is a better kicker of the footy than Ilias and thinks he deserves another go the next 2-3 games. Said he thought he was quite solid overall for a halfback behind a forward pack that was woeful

I thought Hawkins kicked well bar maybe 1.

Lack of communication for kick chase at times. But that’s a symptom of our current state.

So who’s opinion does matter?
I don’t always agree with them, some things they said this morning I don’t agree with but to say theirs “means nothing”🤔
Theirs or our opinions with selections
So who’s opinion does matter?
I don’t always agree with them, some things they said this morning I don’t agree with but to say theirs “means nothing”🤔
These former players get paid gigs to express their “expert” opinions. Do their “expert” commentaries influence week to week footy? Not much. You think JD will make changes based on their comments in the media? Many coaches and players say “we block out the white noise in the media”.

Have a look at “expert” footy tipping in NRL and AFL during the season. Many struggle and are down in the field. Not all but really no better than the rest of us…..

Where it does make a difference is where a crisis builds and it gets worse and worse. (eg. Zero wins over many games, consistently out of form player….)

However, club administrators and coaches will make their own decisions. Look at Madge and Freddy when they were in trouble, they still stuck firm.

Ilias or Hawkins are no different both bland and ineffective. I’d be playing Gray at 14 for some spark.

Just spoke to my Roosters mate he said he noticed Hawkins thought is a better kicker of the footy than Ilias and thinks he deserves another go the next 2-3 games. Said he thought he was quite solid overall for a halfback behind a forward pack that was woeful
Sorry mate but I don’t give a shit what your Roosters mate thought. What I saw the other night wasn’t any better.

What I know is that if Lachie played that exact same game there would be people bagging the shit out of him.

There was no height at all on his kicks. His crossed field kicks straight to their tall wingers. Not giving the chases enough time.

He does deserve another chance to show he is better than what he showed Friday night. I’ve maintained that whilst the other things aren’t fixed then he will be on a hiding to nothing.

Ilias or Hawkins are no different both bland and ineffective. I’d be playing Gray at 14 for some spark.
Ilias better defensively Hawko better game management and I rather that currently.

Come on man. It’s only our blokes who do it.
Maybe the sharks should drop Hynes🤣🤣
One clown in the radio was saying
he’s no good 🤣🤣
The big difference is that over his time at Melbourne Storm and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks Hynes has excelled and been a match winner and MoM many times.

Ilias better defensively Hawko better game management and I rather that currently.

He didn’t manage anything on the weekend. We had some good periods with the ball and that all came about with Walker playing both sides of the ruck

As to kicking, if Lachy did that incredibly bad cross field kick into tne in goal, in the first half, gifting them 7 tackles all hell would cut loose in here.
And, don’t mention that horrible cross field kick to no one in the 2nd half when 3 blokes unmarked outside him were screaming for the ball

**** well that makes me feel sooooo much better

Back