• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Dean Hawkins

I don’t think anyone has said he shouldn’t hold his spot. But if you are saying that’s a 6/10 kicking game given it’s meant to be his strong suit, I’ll have whatever you’re smoking. The 2 7 tackle sets he gave away were completely while we had all the momentum and were shocking.
Codys penalty while we were on top turned momentum and they spent the next 10 minutes attacking our line. I could go through multiple mistakes from players. Whighton dropping the ball for a certain try. Milne giving away a stupid penalty. His kicking game was a mountain better than Illas so I'm not sure why we would allow him back into the team yet. Illas has work to do with his kicking game. Like I said with Hawkins he made mistakes but atleast you could see what he was thinking with his kicks. Its his spot to lose.

Not sure if you are referring to my assessment but I didn't even think once about him being a Souths junior.
His stats were better. His kicking was better and this is game two.
What has happened with Lachie and Hawkins is what needs to happen. Lackie had two poor games and was dropped. It's now Hawkins spot to lose. If he starts to have shockers Illas will come back in.
6 out of 10 kicking game. 😂😂😂😂😂

Surely you’re taking the piss.

If Lachie replicated that kicking game then you would have been all over him. I don’t care about stats of how many metres he kicked for. Like Lachie has in the past there were so many ineffective kicks. Ones that totally changed the momentum of the game.

To me this isn’t a case of Hawkins spot to lose. It’s more a case for me of Lachie’s spot to win back. Then there is another player that is only a matter of time before he is in the 17. We all know who that is.

So far after expressing my opinions, I've gotten in 5 minutes

- I'll have what you're smoking
- You must be taking the piss.

I'm sure the insults will continue to come thick and fast. And Kempy is a moderator ffs
I get it Kempy, You disagree. I'm sure you'll have a nice comeback for this post like harden up.

One thing for sure. Boppers presence is felt even more now that we are short of him as mod. Atleast he knew what the job entailed.

Codys penalty while we were on top turned momentum and they spent the next 10 minutes attacking our line. I could go through multiple mistakes from players. Whighton dropping the ball for a certain try. Milne giving away a stupid penalty. His kicking game was a mountain better than Illas so I'm not sure why we would allow him back into the team yet. Illas has work to do with his kicking game. Like I said with Hawkins he made mistakes but atleast you could see what he was thinking with his kicks. Its his spot to lose.
Ye look im not going to go around in circles here, im not saying Hawkins should lose his spot not at all. But I expected more from his kicking game given that what we were all hoping to see. And I think the consistency on how people on here grade certain aspects of one halfback compared to another is mind blowing

I'm sure the insults will continue to come thick and fast. And Kempy is a moderator ffs
I get it Kempy, You disagree. I'm sure you'll have a nice comeback for this post like harden up.

One thing for sure. Boppers presence is felt even more now that we are short of him as mod. Atleast he knew what the job entailed.
I don’t think I’ll have what your smoking is an insult? It might be some good stuff

Ye look im not going to go around in circles here, im not saying Hawkins should lose his spot not at all. But I expected more from his kicking game given that what we were all hoping to see. And I think the consistency on how people on here grade certain aspects of one halfback compared to another is mind blowing
I get it. But people on the flip side keep saying how great Illas defence is. It is but stats so far show Hawkins holding his own.

Just out of interested who has had the better kicking game so far out of the two?
Who has had the better general play out of the two?

I don’t think I’ll have what your smoking is an insult? It might be some good stuff
It means what you are saying is crazy or stupid. I think we both know this. My point is (and you are not one of them) certain people on here go straight to person insults.

I get it. But people on the flip side keep saying how great Illas defence is. It is but stats so far show Hawkins holding his own.

Just out of interested who has had the better kicking game so far out of the two?
Who has had the better general play out of the two?
I have always felt Hawkins looks like the more natural kicker no doubt about that. I have been a little underwhelmed with some of his kicking that’s all. I do think he is getting more control than Lachy was in managing the game plan as of now so again no issues for him keeping his spot. But I would expect improvement from him with his kicking game

Harden up will you? 🤪

What I will say and I’ve said before is that this is a public forum. If you don’t want your opinion scrutinised or get into a debate then best not to post.

This is a place for all of us to give our opinions and debate them. We won’t all get along.

From my experience over the years meeting people in person from here is that you find some of the posters you constantly argue with that you really get on well when you meet them.

It may frustrating at times. But at the end of the day we are all giving our views. We won’t all agree. It’s what makes this place interesting.

Being offended by the term you must be taking the piss? It’s a common Aussie term.

How would you like disagreements to your posts be worded Reggy.

I find it highly amusing that someone who wanders around the forum insulting people who have a different opinion to him, has a skin thinner than a custard.

If you REALLY think Hawkins had a 6/10 kicking game, then you either watched a different game to everyone else, or you’re kidding yourself.

He gave away 2 X 7 tackle sets, destroying momentum and his general kicking was poor.

If that was Ilias, you’d be advocating for a public flogging. I get your bias, but at least acknowledge it.

Hawkins will be picked next week, and given another opportunity to prove his worth to the side.

His kicking game needs to improve significantly. His job is to build pressure when we have momentum. He failed at that yesterday.

I thought last night his second half was better in general play, and I hope he has a blinder next week, but his kicking game was poor - which is why everyone was advocating for him to be in the team.

Just exactly how was Deano's kicking game a mountain better than Lachie's?

Did you watch the State Cup match?

LOL. I love this place.

We have Andrew Johns making specific mention of how good he thought Hawkins kicked, and we have posters saying his kicking game was bad.

Who to believe?

Latest posts

Back