• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Damien Cook

Who do you suggest we sign
The best available from the best organisations.

Start with a hit list
1. Bellamy. Not going to happen then look at the next two available Madge or Wayne

2. Ponisi as the football manager, he’s a Sydney boy so find his price. Still can’t get it done then maybe look at his 2IC

3. A top shelf recruitment manager we won’t get O’Suvillian, but Cabone at the Raiders is impressing me. I actually also think this is a strength of Nathan Brown so he’d also be on the list

4. Ethan Sanders if the deal isn’t sealed, Talagi from Parra, see if the Dolphins want to trade Junior Tupou for Mellars.

5. Find a prop to replace Tom. See if we can activate Stefano’s exit clause or just find that big body that can bend the line. Even look over in Rugby, that’s where the Knights got Leo Thompson

6. Hayden Knolls or anyone else running or 2IC at Penriths high performance unit

7. Bring back Madge’s wrestling coach

But just start by getting rid of the rotting meat in this place. JD, Schaffer and from what I’ve seen Ellison offers nothing but being a nice guy who enjoys sitting on the fence.

If people want Cook to move on then we need to go to market for a crafty hooker.
Our hooker cupboard is empty.
Develop Ilias as a hooker.

Cam Smith too slow and not creative enough for half.

Bellamy’s answer to not having a hooker. Make Cam Smith one

Cooper Cronk, too small and slow for centre, but they needed a half turn Cronk into one

Brody Croft- Poor attitude and not fitting in, turn Hughes a 5/8 or fullback into a half

Melbourne throughout the years have faced similar shortcomings in their roster. Solution find players with great work ethics and NRL standard ability and develop what they need.

We need a hooker and have a kid who has a great work ethic, outstanding defence and physique and is NRL capable, he’s just not a halfback. I see Ilias as a solution at 9

Gray reminds me so much of Hughes it isn’t funny but probably with more creativity

We need a 7, he has the skills make him one.

Bring in John’s or send him over to see Matty for the rest of the year and if he’s not physically capable have Ethan Sanders waiting in the wings

Start with a hit list
1. Bellamy. Not going to happen then look at the next two available Madge or Wayne

2. Ponisi as the football manager, he’s a Sydney boy so find his price. Still can’t get it done then maybe look at his 2IC

3. A top shelf recruitment manager we won’t get O’Suvillian, but Cabone at the Raiders is impressing me. I actually also think this is a strength of Nathan Brown so he’d also be on the list

4. Ethan Sanders if the deal isn’t sealed, Talagi from Parra, see if the Dolphins want to trade Junior Tupou for Mellars.

5. Find a prop to replace Tom. See if we can activate Stefano’s exit clause or just find that big body that can bend the line. Even look over in Rugby, that’s where the Knights got Leo Thompson

6. Hayden Knolls or anyone else running or 2IC at Penriths high performance unit

But just start by getting rid of the rotting meat in this place. JD, Schaffer and from what I’ve seen Ellison offers nothing but being a nice guy who enjoys sitting on the fence.
I agree with this.

I'm sure you've covered this in point 3, but I'll just emphasize that we need to recruit the best young players at all levels of our pathways. The best run clubs compete for titles at all levels.

I agree with this.

I'm sure you've covered this in point 3, but I'll just emphasize that we need to recruit the best young players at all levels of our pathways. The best run clubs compete for titles at all levels.
Yeah I know we agreed and discussed this a few years back

I was really excited the year the club signed Mellars, Munro, Gray, Fletcher and a couple of others.

I thought it was going to be the start of something or the new norm.

Instead it just went back to signing the odd kid here and there.

I’d also really like to see a defensive coordinator appointed. Penrith strength in the lower grades isn’t just talent. They have a defensive mind set throughout the club.

This is where we need to start

Whats wade egans contract situation?
His value is going up.

We either need to find a young gun or develop one.

Even Buderus wasn’t a hooker to begin with, he was an average half/hooker utility type caught behind the John’s boys

He started hanging back doing extras with them delivering the ball and they turned him into a full time hooker

Start with a hit list

Junior tupou wants to play centre

I’d also really like to see a defensive coordinator appointed. Penrith strength in the lower grades isn’t just talent. They have a defensive mind set throughout the club.

This is where we need to start
The most noticeable thing when watching the Panthers or Roosters lower grades is how they defend the exact same way as their NRL sides... Roosters with the up-and-in, and the Panthers with the linespeed through the middle.

Bro you are the worst judge of talent and ability I’ve come across

R u by any chance the head of recruitment at Souths?

Nah , if I find you in disagreement with me, I’m in a good spot. Your cluelessness is there for all to see……oh and by the way, I told you Munro wasn’t physically ready for first grade, got abused by you and now it’s clear I’m right.

2 busted shoulders for an immature body. But hey, I bow to your wisdom😆😆😆

Nah , if I find you in disagreement with me, I’m in a good spot. Your cluelessness is there for all to see……oh and by the way, I told you Munro wasn’t physically ready for first grade, got abused by you and now it’s clear I’m right.

You seriously laughing at Munro getting injured.

Fmd

Do you want me to bring back up the posts?
You actually said you saw nothing in Munro. You never questioned his physical readiness

I never said he was physically ready for first grade and questioned his selection for the Warriors game. I just said he would have finished a lot of the opportunities AJ wasn’t due to his loss of pace (seems I’m right again)
Which is why I said last year we should be signing Dom Young and Junior Tupou for our wings to let Mellars and Munro develop

Nice piece of revisionist dribble from you once again

But hey keep loving Milne and Aj on our wings when he returns

I do have a serious question though.

How do you actually like losing?

Back