• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

The fact he came up with an 8 week plan to try and save his job shows why he had to go, injuries and suspensions haven't helped but he had all off season to fix the issues yet it got worse and player selections have had us all bamboozled.

I wouldn't have sent a text to players straight after as well, a few of them have let him down big time especially those on the big salaries. The fact one of them has supposedly chosen to forward it on immediately to the media shows how little respect they have for JD, he would have been better off staying silent and contacting them seperately.

The collapse has happened under his coaching but it has been allowed to happen by those above and beside him, a few more need to be removed.

My point is not to argue the sack or keep issue, more about the human aspect and the emotion that goes with that.

My point is not to argue the sack or keep issue, more about the human aspect and the emotion that goes with that.
It's sad but he's been well payed by the club, gets a nice payout and has 6 years experience on his resume with the greatest league club in the world.

It's also sad to see where we are as a club, the emotions and spirit of many supporters are linked to the success or failure of Souths.

Interesting during his interview when speaking of the recruitment team there was no mention of Brock.

It's the apparent 'weakness' in management that bothers me the most. Why did it take so long to act? Why were people actually arguing for JD to stay on?!
Why were we appearing so wishy washy.

Would Richo have allowed this to drag on in this fashion? No way!

Agree Blake has great presence, and off-field operations (non-football) seem perfectly ok. Why can't he overrule the current football management? We need a Richo in the football department at the very least

It's the apparent 'weakness' in management that bothers me the most. Why did it take so long to act? Why were people actually arguing for JD to stay on?!

Agree Blake has great presence, and off-field operations (non-football) seem perfectly ok. Why can't he overrule the current football management? We need a Richo in the football department at the very least
Yep, if JD had the personality of, let's say, Ricky Stuart... he would've been gone weeks ago.

But because he's a good bloke and works hard they struggled to sack him. They need to grow some stones here.

Like others I've had to sack good people before because they struggled with their job... it's bloody hard and you feel like crap for days - but you've got to do it.

erent views and there was a bit of a stalemate - Blackcourt supported Demetriou, Cannon-Brookes and the membership reps didn't.

Herein , perhaps, is the issue. Cannon-Brookes skill set in regards to a football team?

“I think we want someone who fits this fine group and can get the best out of them. It’s a unique client group having worked with them for a long period of time.

“And we want I think a coach that can get them to form their best consistently and we want I think a coach that understands the values and heritage and history of this club.

“We’ve got great skills, great athleticism and some great personalities and every head coach has to get the best out of them whether it’s Ivan Cleary what he does at Penrith over a long period of time, Wayne, his track record with a number of clubs.

“The best coaches always get the best out of their playing group.”

I feel terrible for Jason however he was given plenty of time, including an entire off season and then preseason to get our team playing well and fix our pathetic defense. Alas he could not. Another month or more would have delivered the same dismal results, I believe.

End of story.

Like so many South Sydney members and fans, game day is the highlight of my week and I am not getting any younger!

A CEO should never over rule the Board, or be a 'pseudo' director. The board make the decision and the CEO in part carries out their direction.

The board have been very diligent in the way they have handled this situation. A lot must be considered before sacking any employee, including the repercussions and to minimize impact on the business.

All this talk about playstyle from Solly.

Great. Full agreement.

Except it was obvious from Round 1 2022.

We didn't need to fall to dead last on the table years later to finally find this out when just one Craig Bellamy-like thinker in the joint could have seen it.

I really need someone in the organization at some level of authority to have a disagreeable mindset. We don't have that yet. I want a ruthless **** who doesn't accept anything less than winning perfectly.

Winning perfectly will almost never happen, especially in our game, yet having someone with that mindset means we would constantly chase perfection. This is the only way as humans we can come close to greatness.

The margins are so fine.

JD was the type of coach to concede 12 points to Brisbane at halftime and laud our defensive efforts in the presser, even though they deadset bombed about 4 tries and left 30+ out there. That memory sticks in my mind.

Just so cliched, so surface level thinking.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that there's no such thing as "it's just round 1/2/3". When problems are obvious, do not put your head in the sand.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that there's no such thing as "it's just round 1/2/3". When problems are obvious, do not put your head in the sand.
Remember when we were told by some that the results from the second half of last year should be ignored? :ROFLMAO:

Back