• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Covid taking off again.

I’ve got it currently as does Dad and Mum. I’ve been in bed the last 5 days much worse than a cold or flu. My first time getting it. I have had body aches, lethargy, fever, hot chills, tightness in chest, coughing bad, loss of taste, nausea, upset stomach.......... this is day 6 and I’m only feeling a tiny bit better still so weak and can’t stand for too long. I’m sure I caught it at work.

My Nanna is in a hospice too close to death so bad thing is we can not see her currently. For our family it doesn’t feel like Christmas we all feel very low and miserable.

Dad just found a new job which is good took him over 3 months. The financial situation was getting very desperate so it’s a weight off his shoulders.
All the best mate and to your family. Take it easy.

I'm wondering if covid is less severe the second time around?
Definitely, but in my experience you're comparing Delta to Omicron.Omicron for me while still feeling different from a flu was far less severe than Delta. The worst part is little pieces of it like a persistant cough that take bloody ages to go away.

Last edited:

Alarming Covid statistic rocks Australia

Covid outbreaks in aged care facilities in 2022. Picture Federal Health.JPG

A shocking new Covid statistic has emerged from the federal health department, raising concerns about one sector’s response to the rising cases.
See this is my problem with it. 4 doses of vaccine for some, more than 90% of the population with at least two doses and more people than ever are contracting the virus and dying from the virus.

I’m sorry but the vaccines do not work.

How can anyone argue that they do?

See this is my problem with it. 4 doses of vaccine for some, more than 90% of the population with at least two doses and more people than ever are contracting the virus and dying from the virus.

I've had 3 shots , got hit hard the first time after 2 shots and not so hard the 2nd time with another shot under my belt. I didn't end up in ICU or having to spend much time off work, so I'm going to say the vaccine worked. Sorry but nothing's gonna change my opinion on that. How many of those people dying have previous medical conditions and how many have had all their shots ? These questions need to be asked before statements can be made. I'm pretty sure my immunity level would now make it near impossible for me to catch it again. Will I get a 4th shot next year. You bet I will. Just like I'll be getting another Hep B shot soon, after learning recently through a blood test that the protective antibodies have now substantially decreased after 16 years.

Last edited:
My wife and as well as our two daughters, sons-in-law and grandkids have all had it but without much severe illness. My wife and I are immune compromised so we had four vaccines and got the anti-virals within hours of testing positive.

To all Pride members who are suffering I hope things improve and you get through ti okay.

Cheers

An issue with Covid is that the Governments (state and federal) have gone from policies of locking down the population, closing the borders, etc to almost no restrictions. On that basis we would expect a significant rise in cases.

Vaccines do not stop the spread of Covid but they do reduce the impact on your health. At the moment so many people are contracting Covid and either not reporting it or not even knowing they have it (I am old and severely immune compromised and was eligible for the anti-virals as well and I didn't have any serious effects - funnily enough now that I am over it still get tired very easily (that will pass in a few weeks).

I'd urge all people to get vaccinated.

Cheers

Of course the rates are going to be higher. Restrictions have been lifted as they should have and people are taking more risks with close contact as expected. Covid is never going away, just like influenza. We just have to deal with it . If taking a new upgraded vaccine once a year is required than so be it. People can make their own decisions on whether to take it I personally don't have a problem with getting a shot if needed.

An issue with Covid is that the Governments (state and federal) have gone from policies of locking down the population, closing the borders, etc to almost no restrictions. On that basis we would expect a significant rise in cases.

Vaccines do not stop the spread of Covid but they do reduce the impact on your health. At the moment so many people are contracting Covid and either not reporting it or not even knowing they have it (I am old and severely immune compromised and was eligible for the anti-virals as well and I didn't have any serious effects - funnily enough now that I am over it still get tired very easily (that will pass in a few weeks).

I'd urge all people to get vaccinated.

Cheers
Sorry Bops I was writing my reply at the same time as you ,so a lot of what you said has been repeated. Just on the after effects. They may take longer than a couple of weeks.I got hay fever again which I hadn't experienced for years, after getting Covid again. It's taken forever to go away and it also took ages to get rid of a dry cough. This could be because I got it twice. Not really sure.

i dont think the riser in the death rates can be attributed to covid..
Of course the rates are going to be higher. Restrictions have been lifted as they should have and people are taking more risks with close contact as expected. Covid is never going away, just like influenza. We just have to deal with it . If taking a new upgraded vaccine once a year is required than so be it. People can make their own decisions on whether to take it I personally don't have a problem with getting a shot if needed.

I’ve got it currently as does Dad and Mum. I’ve been in bed the last 5 days much worse than a cold or flu. My first time getting it. I have had body aches, lethargy, fever, hot chills, tightness in chest, coughing bad, loss of taste, nausea, upset stomach.......... this is day 6 and I’m only feeling a tiny bit better still so weak and can’t stand for too long. I’m sure I caught it at work.

My Nanna is in a hospice too close to death so bad thing is we can not see her currently. For our family it doesn’t feel like Christmas we all feel very low and miserable.

Dad just found a new job which is good took him over 3 months. The financial situation was getting very desperate so it’s a weight off his shoulders.
Very sorry to hear your news. Hope you all recover quickly. Take care

Sorry Bops I was writing my reply at the same time as you ,so a lot of what you said has been repeated. Just on the after effects. They may take longer than a couple of weeks.I got hay fever again which I hadn't experienced for years, after getting Covid again. It's taken forever to go away and it also took ages to get rid of a dry cough. This could be because I got it twice. Not really sure.
Was covid less severe the second time around?

I was in bed 6 days was the first time I got it. I’m feeling much better now 10 days on but still have somewhat of a cough and still a bit chesty with a croaky voice too. Doing things too at work I’m getting more fatigued quickly and a bit out of breath more quickly I found when I went to work yesterday. I think in 1-2 more weeks I will be ok.

Back