• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Church of Climatology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but its delusional to think that any other country gives a flying **** what we think. Especially those you named. We do not NEED to set an examole and why do you feel we need to be looked up to?
I actually think they do. We used to be a well respected country, world leaders in technology, innovation, progressive. I don't think it's wrong to aspire to that.
The other thing is simply it's the right thing to do. An alcoholic can't tell someone to stop drinking. A country selling coal to others and guzzling recourses at a high rate per head of population cannot preach restraint to another country.

But bottom line for me, is it is simply the right thing to do for future generations.

One of the "big polluters" as you call them is the airline industry so it will help if you and people that think like you stop flying on them and then there might be enough carbon offset so that the true battlers (who can't afford to go anywhere) would be able to have enough affordable power to cook their food and heat their homes in winter.
"Common sense is not so common."

So are you on the side of the true battlers or the hypocritical high flyers?
People who fly on planes are not hypocrites. The entire world needs to gradually, not instantly (or stupidly), cut down on their carbon shedding. This is a moronic argument that far right nut jobs try to push.

Gradual. Not instant.

What far right mind game are you going to parrot next? 🙄

People who fly on planes are not hypocrites. The entire world needs to gradually, not instantly (or stupidly), cut down on their carbon shedding. This is a moronic argument that far right nut jobs try to push.

Gradual. Not instant.

What far right mind game are you going to parrot next? 🙄
I'm not far right.

So you are happy to see coal-fired power generation to continue for some time?

Err, you are parroting the far right.

And I'm happy to see it phased out asap but obviously that will still take years so please remain calm.
Didn't you read where I said that I agreed with Greta in one instance?.......the far right would never do that.

Anyway, Albo is full steam ahead with coal mining and we won't be using it while others still will and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Agree with renewable if economic and reliable , which is a big drama at, and 40 years is such a short period in earths history, i could show you lots of headlines from scientists last century declaring the world was heading for another ice age , and just try and remember how many "climate scientists" you need if climate change is just within a natural range?.
The difference with 19th century scientists is that we now have satellite data, core samples from Antartica, and all sorts of other data. What is going on is probably outside "normal" especially since we know that CO2 can have this impact.

Cheers

Last century was the 20th century Bops, lots of scientists were calling a new ice age from 1930s to the 1970s were calling it but it never happened, just like the hole in the ozone layer that was going to see us all fry.
The difference with 19th century scientists is that we now have satellite data, core samples from Antartica, and all sorts of other data. What is going on is probably outside "normal" especially since we know that CO2 can have this impact.

Cheers

Go on make a fool of yourself, ive never said that or given any indication of that..
bluedog fancies himself a better "scientist" than the entirety of 99% of contemporary world science.

😂

There was a few people on here having a decent conversation, and then in comes you..
Every second post of your is you making out as though you know better than actual science! It's been very entertaining. :D

Go on, keep making a .....

I think i know the sort of person you are, what no bridges to glue yourself tonight, no gay crusades to fill your evening.?
There "was". And then in comes me and asks you to plug your brain in and actually think. Can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back