• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Caleb Clarke's honorary Training Sesh with South Sydney

If he was to join us it would be great to grab him this year and get him to Rugby League aerobic fitness before 2025. Even at our poor level :) Walking around playing Union ain't it.
I think that’s a logical start. Give him the last couple of months of this season to get into the groove and then have him for the full offseason and pre season to get him to full fitness for season 25. From all accounts we have an open roster spot and I suspect enough money in the cap to give him a start this season. It shouldn’t take mega bucks to kick it all off.
I'm hopeful that the club has this as the plan.

I just can’t see it happening given how poorly we’ve been run recently but if that was to happen, along with Bennett Briars and Dodd we’re back playing with the big boys.

I believe Monday 24th will be when we hear one way or the other. The final SR game is played on Saturday 22nd and the All Blacks team for the Great Britain games is announced the next day…….if he isn’t selected I think that’s the pointer. On form he’d be a near certainty so if he isn’t I’d say he’s jumping ship.

He really does love Souths but i wonder if he actually wants to jump ship from Union.
That’s the decision he has to wrestle with. I honestly believe that he knows RL would better suit his skill set and he may have to sacrifice some stuff to make the move. Financially he would earn more playing RU but he’s clearly expressed his plans to test himself in the NRL at some point.

He has stated that he does have a desire to play in the NRL. Whether that is now or down the track who knows?
As a big blockbusting winger you wouldnt want to leave it too late in your career to make the switch.

this would be a risk not worth it at all he is unproven in the nrl and the strike rate of good rugby players making the transition is almost non existent. look at it the other way that very average wingers in the nrl have gone on to represent the wallabies. just focus on our curent crop or any other nrl winger

this would be a risk not worth it at all he is unproven in the nrl and the strike rate of good rugby players making the transition is almost non existent. look at it the other way that very average wingers in the nrl have gone on to represent the wallabies. just focus on our curent crop or any other nrl winger
Historically RU wingers in particular are the most likely to make a successful transition to the NRL. The Storm currently have William Warbrick a former Kiwi RU winger who is doing pretty well. The Dragons have Mikaele Ravalawa who is in his 5th NRL season. Roger Tuivasa Sheck started as a RU rep. Before that we had 2 strike wingers playing in the NRL after starting their careers in RU…..remember Semi Radrardra and Marika Koroibete ?. I’ve probably overlooked others.
Caleb Clarke is at least at that sort of level and being an All Black probably above them. A lot of good rugby judges have rated him the best ball carrier in the game. Best of all at only 25 he’s close to being at his peak.
I wouldn’t be so dismissive of his prospects. Take a look at his highlights and tell me you still see him being a high risk.

Last edited:
Historically RU wingers in particular are the most likely to make a successful transition to the NRL. The Storm currently have William Warbrick a former Kiwi RU winger who is doing pretty well. The Dragons have Mikaele Ravalawa who is in his 5th NRL season. Roger Tuivasa Sheck started as a RU rep. Before that we had 2 strike wingers playing in the NRL after starting their careers in RU…..remember Semi Radrardra and Marika Koroibete ?. I’ve probably overlooked others.
Caleb Clarke is at least at that sort of level and being an All Black probably above them. A lot of good rugby judges have rated him the best ball carrier in the game. Best of all at only 25 he’s close to being at his peak.
I wouldn’t be so dismissive of his prospects. Take a look at his highlights and tell me you still see him being a high risk.
Don't forget our own Michael Cleary back in the 1960s!! Too far of a stretch....suppose so

Latest posts

Back