• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

I said compromise not negotiate, but you're splitting hairs. The should have negotiated a compromise and offered a two year deal, imo.
This dance has been done many times with darque, he will come back and say we did offer him a 2 year deal.

Which was 1 year guaranteed and 1 with a club option which is simply just a 1 year deal

Ben Hornby won a comp playing half back at the Dragons(played for Australia as well) under super coach Bennett, why would we have to get Cronk in to help Ilias when an experienced premiership winning half was on staff ?

Because it suits the dumbarse pile on.
People had legitimate reasons for wanting JD gone but hey, it made them feel better to extrapolate that out to every nonsensical thing they could find

Yeah, Cronk didn’t seem to have too much impact at the Roosters as a halves coach.

Coaching isn’t for everyone.

Matty Johns seemed to have a way with it.

Joey and Cooper, not so sure.

I said compromise not negotiate, but you're splitting hairs. The should have negotiated a compromise and offered a two year deal, imo.

They did. They offered him a 2nd year option. Adam didn’t like it wasn guaranteed
He clearly didn’t trust the club to do the right thing by him so he took the big bucks in offer

whats deluded is that response of yours. It does show I’m right given it’s all you can come up with.

Fact, Adam had a 2year offer.
That he didn’t like the terms of the 2nd year is fine but don’t sit there and lie yourvarse off by saying it wasn’t offered

Get it and handle it 💡

All fair points.

I have spoken to people close to Adam. One his family member. From everything they have told me 2 years wasn’t going to cut it anyway. This despite what he said.

The deal he has from the Broncos blew anything out of the water we could offer. I’m referring to off field deals. This will go beyond his playing days as well. Things outside of a coaching role.

This deal had he and his family set up there. I won’t talk about the personal things as it’s not my place to talk about. But I will say that I understand why they made the move.

Knowing the things I know is the reason why I’m not going to bag the club. I get why others do. I’m also not going to bag Adam for making the decision he made.
I’ve also got some inside information on this, including people in Adam’s family.

I won’t share what I know on a public forum as it’s disrespectful to them.

I will just say that what you have posted is correct…and it’s why I won’t bag the club for what happened with Adam either.

I will say again, I’m really sorry that Adam has sustained a long term injury and I don’t think it’s likely he will make it back on the field…it’ll be a shame if that is the way a legend of this club goes out. Deserves better.

I’ll leave everyone else to debate the merits of whether we should keep Adam at Souths or not…oh hang on that was 3 years ago. As you were.

Am I reading this thread correctly. People are saying that had we kept Reynolds we wouldn't be in the situation we currently are. So does that mean Reynolds has a magic wand that instantly cures injuries ? Asking for a mate who recently fell off a ladder. 🤔 I'd suggest he should probably use that magic wand on himself because his stints on the sidelines have been ongoing since he left us. We didn't seem to need him for the first 11 rounds last year or his magic wand. 🪄

Yeah, Cronk didn’t seem to have too much impact at the Roosters as a halves coach.

Coaching isn’t for everyone.

Matty Johns seemed to have a way with it.

Joey and Cooper, not so sure.
I think the difference is ego.

Matty doesn’t take himself too seriously and realises he was the 2nd best member of the Johns family. That can a couple of ways but my reading of Matty is that it grounded him and he doesn’t think he’s an immortal.

Joey’s one of the best halfbacks I’ve seen play the game (along with Peter Sterling - who is consistently underrated) and was a freakish talent.
It’s hard to teach freakish - and I think it would be hard for Joey to relate to a mere mortal elite athlete who can’t just automatically do the things that Joey could do.

And Cooper’s an egotistical ****. 🤣

Adam had a 2 year offer. It wasn’t a guaranteed second year.

Can we agree on that statement? :)

wondering how long before this thread reaches a 100 page count and the same crap is still being regurgitated.

whats deluded is that response of yours. It does show I’m right given it’s all you can come up with.

Fact, Adam had a 2year offer.
That he didn’t like the terms of the 2nd year is fine but don’t sit there and lie yourvarse off by saying it wasn’t offered

Get it and handle it 💡
If the second year is in the clubs favour it is not a two year deal in fact it is a lot worse than just a 1 year deal.

Back