• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

Funny that despite what he is saying here that 2 years was never on the table from him or his manager during negotiations.

In saying that even if it were Souths were sticking to their guns with one year.
This was one of the biggest issues I had with the whole thing.

We couldn’t offer the 3 years. Fine. At least negotiate with him. We perhaps could have came to a 2 year agreement. We will never know that. But we do know that we did not even entertain the idea of it.

We flat out refused to negotiate with our captain, a junior who loved the club and had done so his whole life and in his 10 year first grade career at the club, steered us to 8 finals series, 2 grand finals and 1 premiership.

We decided to back our youth. Thought we had the next best things coming through in Taafe, Illias and Mamozelous. But as the old saying goes, the bird in the hand is worth two on the bush and boy it’s shown to ring true with how it played out.

The hole we are in has absolutely zero to do with Adam Reynolds and everything to do with taking your eyes off the prize and letting standards slip across the board
They are not mutually exclusive.

Poor decisions have been made across the football department for years.

This was one of the biggest issues I had with the whole thing.

We couldn’t offer the 3 years. Fine. At least negotiate with him. We perhaps could have came to a 2 year agreement. We will never know that. But we do know that we did not even entertain the idea of it.

We flat out refused to negotiate with our captain, a junior who loved the club and had done so his whole life and in his 10 year first grade career at the club, steered us to 8 finals series, 2 grand finals and 1 premiership.

We decided to back our youth. Thought we had the next best things coming through in Taafe, Illias and Mamozelous. But as the old saying goes, the bird in the hand is worth two on the bush and boy it’s shown to ring true with how it played out.
All fair points.

I have spoken to people close to Adam. One his family member. From everything they have told me 2 years wasn’t going to cut it anyway. This despite what he said.

The deal he has from the Broncos blew anything out of the water we could offer. I’m referring to off field deals. This will go beyond his playing days as well. Things outside of a coaching role.

This deal had he and his family set up there. I won’t talk about the personal things as it’s not my place to talk about. But I will say that I understand why they made the move.

Knowing the things I know is the reason why I’m not going to bag the club. I get why others do. I’m also not going to bag Adam for making the decision he made.

We did negotiate, and we made an offer.
Not a decent offer. When this all started most fans thought that there would at least be a compromise of a 2 year offer but that never eventuated. Had a 2 year contract been offered and rejected I would have no issue with Souths.

Kempy with respect, none of my close family or friends would have a clue about exactly what I'm thinking. They might think they do though.

Remember when we first heard that his re-signing wasn’t fait accompli?

We all thought it was inevitable that he’d play out his career here.

It’s done wonders for his stature in the game heading North. I think he gets remembered as a better footballer now, than had he stayed here.

Not a decent offer. When this all started most fans thought that there would at least be a compromise of a 2 year offer but that never eventuated. Had a 2 year contract been offered and rejected I would have no issue with Souths.

Kempy with respect, none of my close family or friends would have a clue about exactly what I'm thinking. They might think they do though.

They negotiatted and made him an offer, it's totally wrong to say Souths didn't negotiste.

Because one party says no to the terms of the negotiation doesn't mean there was no negotiation.

There's a tendency for fans to justify in their minds decisions made by their club. I noticed once Reyno signed with the Broncos he was death ridden on here by many. Every mistake amplified, while anything good ignored. Now he is gone and we've gone to shit, he is the messiah we should have kept. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but I do wonder who Cody would prefer as his halves partner.

Reactions: PA
They negotiatted and made him an offer, it's totally wrong to say Souths didn't negotiste.

Because one party says no to the terms of the negotiation doesn't mean there was no negotiation.
I said compromise not negotiate, but you're splitting hairs. The should have negotiated a compromise and offered a two year deal, imo.

Reactions: CCR
There's a tendency for fans to justify in their minds decisions made by their club. I noticed once Reyno signed with the Broncos he was death ridden on here by many. Every mistake amplified, while anything good ignored. Now he is gone and we've gone to shit, he is the messiah we should have kept. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but I do wonder who Cody would prefer as his halves partner.
TBF, I was still a little dirty on that GF conversion that would have tied the game.

For the guy who’s played his whole career here, and has been known for his goal kicking prowess, it seemed like a career defining moment that slipped.

That certainly flavoured my commentary.

And no doubt, he grew a leg after leaving with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

TBF, I was still a little dirty on that GF conversion that would have tied the game.

For the guy who’s played his whole career here, and has been known for his goal kicking prowess, it seemed like a career defining moment that slipped.

That certainly flavoured my commentary.

And no doubt, he grew a leg after leaving with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
Can I ask, were you equally as dirty on Cody for the pass?

It pretty much ended Cody’s career early. He had to carry the team on his back and he is cooked now.

Back