• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

I can't get it down to just one, but some top contenders would be Artie Beetson, Ian Roberts and Sam Burgess.
If we're talking middles, that would be my 1, 2 and 3.

Artie was just an amazing athlete as well as a front row forward, in an era when Props were basically meatheads you used as battering rams (I was one).

Ian was probably the toughest forward I've seen play the game, with a remarkable skill set.

And Sam was the complete package. He was better at lock than front row for mine, but bloody hell he was a forward for the ages.

If we're talking middles, that would be my 1, 2 and 3.

imagine Robbo running the edge outside of those sublime Cody hands. The defense would have no chance even if he didn’t get the ball. He’d create too much distraction and the FB, & Centre would have a field day

imagine Robbo running the edge outside of those sublime Cody hands. The defense would have no chance even if he didn’t get the ball. He’d create too much distraction and the FB, & Centre would have a field day
I wouldn't mind seeing Paul Roberts run that outside line off Cody either. He was also a talented forward.

This is more like it, Pridesters on a Reyno thread not talking about Reynolds. Pretty much like most threads go. Far more interesting talking about past rabbitohs and not someone currently playing for our opposition. ;)

This is more like it, Pridesters on a Reyno thread not talking about Reynolds. Pretty much like most threads go. Far more interesting talking about past rabbitohs and not someone currently playing for our opposition. ;)
1706061224308.png

Ask Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould about the player market and he'll tell you it's never been more fluid. Salary caps that are bent out of shape can be straightened up easily enough, it's all about priorities.

Simply put, the Rabbitohs prioritised other players due to their misplaced faith in Lachlan Ilias to seamlessly take over the No.7 jersey and keep the premiership window wide open.

Ilias was just 21 when he was given that responsibility.

A cursory glance across the NRL is all that's needed to reaffirm what Andrew Johns has been saying about halfbacks for several years now: they don't mature until their mid to late twenties and they don't start to dominate until they turn 30.

The only game managing half who has effectively bucked that trend in the last five years has been Nathan Cleary and he's proving to be one in a million.

Despite Solly's reluctance to admit it, the Rabbitohs gambled the house on an unproven youngster and lost when they had one of the best halfbacks in the NRL in their grasp.

When that decision was first made Demetriou doubled down with a statement that raised eyebrows at the time and looks truly foolish now: Ilias would be "the best halfback the club has had in a long time".

those "sublime Cody hands" haven't been seen almost since Ian last played

JD stating Ilias would be the best half back the club had seen for a while just put pressure on Ilias instead of giving him confidence. Ilias may turn out to be a top half back but he's a long way from it at this stage, Reynolds was a solid half back but had issues at times and is doing great at the Broncs, always thought Coleman was a good half back for us as well in defense and attack.

Reactions: CCR
now we have to rebuild what has happened we have mainly inflicted on ourselves by our management and this was one of a number of very poor decisions now the bed is made we lie in it and I said this was a big blunder at the time and it’s proven to be

Back