• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

A message from Bigbopper

You only get to know how large a shadow a person casts in their life once they pass away and you can tell how large a shadow Chris passed by the outpouring of grief on here.

So sad he never got to see Souths win in Melbourne

He will be missed

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy and deepest condolences to you and the family on the loss of your late dear father Chris. I had the pleasure of meeting Chris at a pivotal time in the Club's history. Chris had come up to Sydney for work and stayed over to attend the information meeting at the old Leagues Club with Shane Richardson discussing the privatisation proposal. That brief encounter and the subsequent interactions on the forum showed the integrity, passion and dedication Chris possessed. Sharp of wit and a straight-shooter I was privileged to have met him. Not only is your world and our little microcosm on this forum the poorer for his passing; so too the world has lost a good soul. May he rest in peace and his memory be eternal. George Deep

Very deeply sad to hear of this news, you always hope for the best but doesn't always happen.

As I said in my earlier post I really looked up to Big Bopper as a senior Souths,supporter who was actually there when Churchill kicked that goal from the sideline against Many at Refern in 1955 - that's a direct link to history gone.

My condolences to his
family, cheer loud from the sky Bops! Hope you having a good chat with all the Souths fans up there and most of all THANK YOU for being who you were.

Up The Mighty Rabbioths!!!!!!

South Sydney for ever and ever

Cheers!

I try to limit my time on RL forums in the offseason. I was blown away when I saw and read through this thread.

Bigbopper was the constant in this place. He was often the voice of reason when things got a bit heated. He is a big part of what this forum has evolved over the 20 years since I joined. One of my favourite things was the way he used to play along as being around for Souths first premiership in 1908.

He will be missed.

R.I.P. Bigbopper - Cheers

Back