• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

A message from Bigbopper

I've been reflecting over this news and am still deeply saddened.

I spoke to bigbopper numerous times and one thing that always stuck with me was his chirpy personality.

This forum won't be the same again.

Thanks for everything Chris.

I hope I get to read your thoughts again somewhere in another life.

As saddened as we all are. Looking at those photos should give us all some semblance of joy and happiness.

Not only did he have his loving fellow supporters on this small section of the internet.

Posters who will miss him immensely.

Bigbopper had a loving family, he had children, grand children, and people who will never forget the man he was, and the man he forever will be.

Thank you for letting us see a part of his life that forums never usually manage to do.

The father, the grand father, the lover of South Sydney.

Bless your family and thank you for sharing that very solemn news.

Forever an immortal of the pride.

RIP.

Thank you all for the condolences and kind thoughts. Dad's funeral will be held on Wednesday (25th Oct) at 1:30pm. Further details are available here. The service will be livestreamed (and should also be recorded) - I don't yet have the link for the streaming but will come back and post it when it's available.

The passing of Bops is sad news for the Pride, all those who knew him and especially his family

The big fella always came across as a gentleman first and foremost. The loss of his considered, well articulated Posts and views will leave a void on here that will be hard to replace or replicate

To his family, losing a loved one is never easy. But I hope you all find some solace in the moments when you each recognise the traits, idiosyncrasies and mannerisms he left imprinted in each of you. It’s in those moments along with his legacy that you continue, that the great man remains immortalised

May he rest in peace

Last edited:
Thank you all for the condolences and kind thoughts. Dad's funeral will be held on Wednesday (25th Oct) at 1:30pm. Further details are available here. The service will be livestreamed (and should also be recorded) - I don't yet have the link for the streaming but will come back and post it when it's available.
The link to the streaming for the memorial service will be available from the Tobin Brothers page that I linked in my earlier post 💚 ❤️

The link to the streaming for the memorial service will be available from the Tobin Brothers page that I linked in my earlier post 💚 ❤️
Thanks heaps LittleBops. I hope it goes really well for you guys ❤️💚

What a wonderful celebration of a full life for Chris and what strength displayed by both Liz and Mary. Sorry to disappoint you but your presentation was faultless. Dad is mighty proud. Thank you for allowing us to share more insight into the legend that is bigbopper. May your shared memories keep you strong and allow your family to be able to prosper and go forward. His legacy will last for many years to come. Blessed be. George Deep

Back