• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

A message from Bigbopper

littlebopper

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As you may guess from my name, I am one of Bigbopper's daughters.

Earlier this year, Bigbopper was diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND). Unfortunately his condition has deteriorated more rapidly than we expected / hoped, so I am writing on his behalf. He asked me to thank you all for providing him with a great source of varying news and views. He has valued his time on the forum greatly, and he loves you as a second family. Unfortunately with communication having become much more difficult for him and with the fatigue he is experiencing, he's just not able to participate on the forum any more. For those of you who have his phone number, he also asks that you don't call or message, as speech is now quite difficult and he can't easily reply to texts either.

If you want to pass along any messages to him, please reply on this thread or send me a DM and I will read them to him. 💚❤️

Little Bops (aka Liz)

PS - Apologies if I've put this post in the wrong part of the forum!

Liz, So sorry to hear of this unfortunate development for Chris. Of course we are all concerned to hear that his health has deteriorated so rapidly but we also value and respect his and your right to privacy. Bigbopper by name ; Big by nature. Please accept my best wishes to you all in this difficult time. MND is well-known on this forum so our thoughts and prayers are with you all. George

Very sad to hear that news.

A lot of us younger fans look up to you and your contributions were always adult like.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you have many seasons of watching Souths to come.

Up the Rabbitohs!!!

That is terrible news. My thoughts are with you all.

Bigbopper - we will miss your voice of reason amongst this group of tragics! Thank you for your two decades of wisdom and insight to us, as a fellow lifelong Rabbitohs supporter.

Take care.

"Cheers"

Bops, you have always provided a sense of calm. No matter what happens at the club, you are a voice of reason and insight, always delivering it in a very sensible and intelligent manner.

Rightfully you are the biggest contributor to this community and have always been one of the very best.

Best wishes,

Cheers.

Tragic and sad to hear.

Always a gentleman, always respectful to everyone, possibly the best example of a what a poster should be that I have ever seen on any forum.

Best of luck and much respect.

Very sorry to hear Liz.

I am a bit of a younger fan and I always appreciated his views and look on the game. He was the biggest member of this community too.

He loves his Bunnies so much too like all of us he has done so much for the Pride over the years and we will greatly miss his contributions.

Rest up mate and take care and enjoy time with loved ones. Regards Chris

Liz,

That's terrible news and very sorry to hear it.

Bops did provide some clues that his health was failing over the last few weeks.

Please pass on my best wishes and thank him for being such a wonderful contributor on this forum and a passionate Souths supporter. I'm so grateful that @RabbitJ did that profile with Bops last year/earlier this year.

As Poet said, the forum won't be the same without him around. We didn't always agree but we had great respectful debates...and I found it particularly amusing when he called me "young man" (as I'm about to turn 60 🤣). I've got a bit of a tear in my eye, I'm not ashamed to say.

(and Liz, you may not remember, but I called you/texted a few years ago to check in on him and we had a bit of a chat. I know that Bops loves his family deeply, and loves spending time with his grandkids too. I hope you and the rest of the Bopper clan are doing as well as you can).

Hi Liz
Thank you for passing on this message.
To me the mark of a man is someone that goes about his life no matter how hard the circumstances.
Bops has never let on about his condition and I for one am shocked to learn that he has MND.
Please pass on my regards and that I am thinking of him.
He is a true gentleman.

@bigbopper, this is extremely heartbreaking news.

You have been an enormous part of my personal South Sydney journey and I can't thank you enough for the support you have shown for this great club.

The way you have interacted with members of this forum for more than 20 years is unparalled. You are a true South Sydney legend.

Thank you for everything.

@littlebopper my thoughts are with you and your family.

Back