• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2025 Positivity

Looking forward to watching Jai Arrow in 2025, where he will be fully fit. When was the last time we could say that. Only 11 games this year and only 14 in 2023. He has had back spasms, then an ankle injury and this year a rotator cuff in round 1. Arrow is from the John Sattler school of Rugby League toughness and plays with injury most games. He made 288 tackles at 94% efficiency this season while nursing his shoulder injury. When he and Murray are defending in the middle, nothing gets through. He is a very strong defender. Arrow is a good offloader too. It was only a couple of years back that Arrow was an Origen player and under Bennet he could get back there again. While he is good carrying an injury, as he was this year, fully fit Arrow is an exceptional forward. For 2025 I am expecting him to start on the left edge then move to the middle when Schuster comes on. He will play a big part in our move back into the top 4 in 2025.

Looking forward to watching Jai Arrow in 2025, where he will be fully fit. When was the last time we could say that. Only 11 games this year and only 14 in 2023. He has had back spasms, then an ankle injury and this year a rotator cuff in round 1. Arrow is from the John Sattler school of Rugby League toughness and plays with injury most games. He made 288 tackles at 94% efficiency this season while nursing his shoulder injury. When he and Murray are defending in the middle, nothing gets through. He is a very strong defender. Arrow is a good offloader too. It was only a couple of years back that Arrow was an Origen player and under Bennet he could get back there again. While he is good carrying an injury, as he was this year, fully fit Arrow is an exceptional forward. For 2025 I am expecting him to start on the left edge then move to the middle when Schuster comes on. He will play a big part in our move back into the top 4 in 2025.
Bit of a theme through his time here.

Early bow out in the 2021 GF when a bit of our strategy was the one-two punch of he and Burgess off the bench.

Played all of 2022 but exclusively as an edge as we were short there.

Then injured 23 and 24.

Would love to see this side get everyone on the park for a prolonged period for once.

I just can’t wait for the season to kick off and the boys to be fit and firing. There is a lot to like about the first 17 if it’s in shape and on the park.

I don't have to be positive as I always am. Some would have called me a happy clapper and if they do so be it. It is my make up, the glass is always half full.

Next season will be an improvement on this year. It will be exciting to see Mellars with an NRL contract. AJ will come back fit and healthy during the season. His hamstrings will be great after the ACL rehab and he will reduce the his number for the record by another 10 tries.

Illias will revel in a new role with us. He has the technique and size to become a forward and will become a good utility 14. As a schoolboy he played in the centres for the ARU schoolboys and as a 14 he can cover in the halves, centres and forwards.

Humphries will push Mamo out from the Hooker role and become n NRL hooker. While Dodds gives us the short kicking game we need to put pressure on sides. If that doesn't eventuate Humphrey will play half.

I could go on and on but you get my drift.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Right now we have plenty of upside as there is no way it can be worse than last season.

We will not be at the bottom of the comp next year. Our new health and fitness guys will see to that.

I am looking forward to the return of Tavita Tatola in 2025. At 6'1 and 114kg this is the big man in the middle that was missing for us this season. Always plays over 20 games but due to injury, 2023 left him with 15 games and this season only 6. He is probably sick of watching from the sidelines and would be fired up to play. Tatola does a lot of hard work in the middle in defence that can go unnoticed and usually makes 25+ tackles a game against the larger forwards in the beginning of the game and rarely gets put on the back foot. Also over 100 metres each game with good post contact and runs right through the middle too. Wayne will get Tatola back to his 2022 form where he won the George Piggins medal and this will be a huge boost to us in 2025. He also has a good offload and I am hopeing to see more of this next season. After seeing so little of Tatola the last 2 seasons, to have him available for 2025 is like we have just signed a new big Prop. This guy will give us the go forward in 2025 that we have missed this season.

This has been an interesting thread to read.

It has reinforced the absolute shitshow our injuries have been over the last 18 months in particular.

I knew that Latrell only played 11 games this year but the number of games by Jai and Tats was telling.

I think we're all really wishing for a season where the discussion isn't "if only" around injuries.

And I think Trent Elkin will help deliver that. Parramatta looked fit druing his tenure there.

If we can get close to our top 17 on the field for extended periods next season, and we have a decent preparation (pre-season) then there's no reason that roster can't deliver a top 4 finish next year.

I mean:
Latrell
Ty Ty
Wighton
Stretch
Mellars(?)
Cody
Dodd
Tats
Mamo/Humphries (I'm still not convinced Mamo will be our starting 9 next year)
Koloa
Aitken
Duncan
Murray
Ilias/Humphries (one of these 2 will be our 14 next year IMO)
Arrow
Shaq
Schuster

That's not a bad team, with people like Keppie & Havili knocking on the door

(and I've probably missed someone in that 17)

I am looking forward to the return of Tavita Tatola in 2025. At 6'1 and 114kg this is the big man in the middle that was missing for us this season. Always plays over 20 games but due to injury, 2023 left him with 15 games and this season only 6. He is probably sick of watching from the sidelines and would be fired up to play. Tatola does a lot of hard work in the middle in defence that can go unnoticed and usually makes 25+ tackles a game against the larger forwards in the beginning of the game and rarely gets put on the back foot. Also over 100 metres each game with good post contact and runs right through the middle too. Wayne will get Tatola back to his 2022 form where he won the George Piggins medal and this will be a huge boost to us in 2025. He also has a good offload and I am hopeing to see more of this next season. After seeing so little of Tatola the last 2 seasons, to have him available for 2025 is like we have just signed a new big Prop. This guy will give us the go forward in 2025 that we have missed this season.
In tatotal agreement there 🀣

It has reinforced the absolute shitshow our injuries have been over the last 18 months in particular.

I knew that Latrell only played 11 games this year but the number of games by Jai and Tats was telling.

I think we're all really wishing for a season where the discussion isn't "if only" around injuries.

And I think Trent Elkin will help deliver that. Parramatta looked fit druing his tenure there.

If we can get close to our top 17 on the field for extended periods next season, and we have a decent preparation (pre-season) then there's no reason that roster can't deliver a top 4 finish next year.

I mean:
Latrell
Ty Ty
Wighton
Stretch
Mellars(?)
Cody
Dodd
Tats
Koloa
Aitken
Duncan
Murray
Arrow
Shaq
Schuster

Agreed ... and maybe Fetcher and leblanc fighting for spots too..
Ps... where does ty ty nickname come from?

I mean:
Latrell
Ty Ty
Wighton
Stretch
Mellars(?)
Cody
Dodd
Tats
Koloa
Aitken
Duncan
Murray
Arrow
Shaq
Schuster

Where's AJ ?

Back