• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

Reasons why people don't want Trell to play for NSW

1. They're racists and hate him because he speaks his mind
2. Queenslanders who actually know their footy.
3. souths fans who would rather he play for us instead. (reasonable)

Suaali’i earned his cap for game 1.

Rubbish. On form he should not have been anywhere near an Origin jumper.

Seems you have been yet another one to be brainwashed by the endless media hype about him despite him being very average.

Let's forget the hype and actually examine his form.

He is now in his 4th season of NRL football. In those 4 seasons he has scored 26 tries. A winger who is allegedly the second coming according to the media has averaged 6.5 tries per season. For a winger who has been talked up so much that is absolutely laughable.

He is not a speedster like so many of these young up and coming wingers we see these days.

He can leap high, but seems to drop half the balls he jumps for so that kind of negates his leaps.

Can you quote me one game in which he has been a match winner like Coates or DWZ for example?

Most importantly a lot of us here have pointed out how bad he is defensively, his habit of rushing in and missing, and bad defensive decisions in general.

It took 7 minutes to prove these concerns as legit in game 1. Proved a lot of us right.

Secondly he's not a centre, at best he is an average NRL winger, he's not even the best winger in his club side and even most Rooster fans agree with this.

Trell is 10 times the player he is and for him to be picked ahead of Trell was an insult and quite disgraceful.

Yeah I though it was Fittler and co with a jobs for the boys mentality.

Origin 1 it’s Sualli’. Origin 2 it’s Watson.

I don’t get it. It’s as if there is some weird quota that needs to be met for Roosters players involved in origin. Particularly for NSW.

Rubbish. On form he should not have been anywhere near an Origin jumper.

Seems you have been yet another one to be brainwashed by the endless media hype about him despite him being very average.

Let's forget the hype and actually examine his form.

He is now in his 4th season of NRL football. In those 4 seasons he has scored 26 tries. A winger who is allegedly the second coming according to the media has averaged 6.5 tries per season. For a winger who has been talked up so much that is absolutely laughable.

He is not a speedster like so many of these young up and coming wingers we see these days.

He can leap high, but seems to drop half the balls he jumps for so that kind of negates his leaps.

Can you quote me one game in which he has been a match winner like Coates or DWZ for example?

Most importantly a lot of us here have pointed out how bad he is defensively, his habit of rushing in and missing, and bad defensive decisions in general.

It took 7 minutes to prove these concerns as legit in game 1. Proved a lot of us right.

Secondly he's not a centre, at best he is an average NRL winger, he's not even the best winger in his club side and even most Rooster fans agree with this.

Trell is 10 times the player he is and for him to be picked ahead of Trell was an insult and quite disgraceful.
Agree.

An above average winger. A below average centre. I think he actually does his best work at fullback but he’s only the third best in that position for the Roosters let alone the NRL.

I will say though. He was the best junior player I’ve ever seen. Still extremely young at only 20 years of age. He has not yet reached his potential. Not a write off by any means.

Agree.

An above average winger.

Can't agree he is an above average winger, he's average, off the top of my head I would sign any of the following wingers before I would even consider signing him based on his performances.

Marzhew, To'o, Turuva, Lomax, AJ, Talagi, Daniel Tupou, DWZ, Coates, Feldt, Khan Pereira, Deine Mariner, Taulagi, Savage, Isaako, Katoa, Mulitalo.

Last edited:
I will say though. He was the best junior player I’ve ever seen.
Yes, as a junior he was good, just hasn't been able to dominate in seniors football like he did as a kid.

I think Wing was up there as a junior.

Last edited:
He did dominate junior footy but due to his size and an advanced skill set at that age.
That has plateaued in the big boys stuff

Suaali’i earned his cap for game 1. From all reports out of the roosters, the kid is the most professional player in the roosters squad when it comes to his prep, and he’s already a leader of the group at the ripe old age of 20. He was a big loss to Souths. The outcome in game 1 was unfortunate.

Mitchell said it himself. He wanted his footy to do the talking. He wasn’t playing to his exceptional standard. If he was a QLder, Slater wouldn’t have picked him for game 1 either in my opinion.

Since he’s come back from suspension, he’s been outstanding. He didn’t kick stones at not being picked which is a much better attitude than some Souths supporters who insist he shove it. That’s kind of the difference between NSW and QLD. Gagai is 18th man for QLD and it hasn’t caused a ripple from him or anyone else.

Mitchell has come into the squad, and is committed to prepare well, and play well for a NSW win. That’s great for him, for Souths and for NSW.
He was suspended. His form wasn’t bad to start the year. What he’s done for the state in the past should have essentially assured him the jersey given the competition for his spot. It’s a no brainer if you put the nonsense overthinking that goes into these things aside. And he’ll show that next Wednesday. Anything he does in game 2 could have been done in game 1 with a little belief.

Tensions are certainly starting to simmer in these camps. I friggin love it!!!

Jeez, you'd think Trell is the only one playing for NSW because that's all the media wants to talk about. I get that his return is big news, but he shouldn't be made to be the savior. That's just putting pressure on him and I hate that. God, I hope he kills it.

I will say though. He was the best junior player I’ve ever seen. Still extremely young at only 20 years of age. He has not yet reached his potential. Not a write off by any means.
As a junior he wasn’t in the same ball park as Richie Williams and Dylan Walker.

Big strong athletic kid that’s it.

As a junior he wasn’t in the same ball park as Richie Williams and Dylan Walker.

Big strong athletic kid that’s it.
Didn’t see Richie Williams.

From what I saw, Sualli’ was better than Dylan Walker and that is saying something, because Walker was very good too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back