• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

Look at the NSW side. Bar maybe Lomax or Luai saying something colourful, the side is a complete snoozefest from a personality and story point of view.

Freddy used to shoulder some of that with yoga and earthing, but Madge is beige wallpaper as well.

He tried to give them a story with the glass houses jab, so I guess give him points for trying.

Makes sense Rupert’s stable would make it all about Latrell.

Hope he brains it and adds to his already very strong Origin tale.

This reinforces the point.

It's sad that you have no pride in where you come from. It seems you're not alone, not just within this club, but other clubs as well.

At the end of the day, a club is another franchise. Fighting for corporate dollars and supporters. There is really not much that is tangible or common in why we support a club, apart from supporting the club itself. Rep footy on the other hand. There's the common thread that we're all NSWmen or QLDers.

It's as though being a NSWmen, or even being Australian these days, is something to be ashamed of. I mean look at you. You seem to wish you were someone, or somewhere else. You don't have to hate QLD. But at least love the place you're from. After all, it isn't hate that gets QLD through series after series. It's the love for their family, QLD supporters, the place they're from, and it is returned in spades.

The way we carry on down here is akin to England football supporters. Criticising the national team at every opp. No wonder they've won jack shit.

I'm incredibly proud of where I come from, stick your nationalistic (well, in this case, statealistic crap) to stormfront or whatever, and worry less about my supposed lack of pride.

I am not from NSW or QLD, I have played rugby league in both NSW and QLD, so where does that leave me? Do I have to choose one of those states to be loyal to?

I don't think so, I think I can sit back and watch an SOO game just to enjoy the high quality of football from both sides, I don't feel I need to be dedicated to one state to enjoy a high quality game.

I don't get all this "must hate QLD", it's like am I meant to hate Jai Arrow when he plays for QLD?

Nah, stupid stuff, I'll just keep enjoying the football.

And for me, if the side containing the most Bunnies wins, bonus.

Who identifies by their state? Australian, yes. But a New South Welshman? We're not American. I couldn't care less what state you are from - unless you are Victorian, of course. The sooner that state secedes, the better. :cool:

I sometimes go clothes shopping with my wife. I don't like it. She does. But I pretend I do. I go along with it to make her happy. I feel the same way about Origin as someone born and raised in Sydney.

And if you ever think you feel the same as a Queenslander - trust me, you don't.

It's sad that you have no pride in where you come from. It seems you're not alone, not just within this club, but other clubs as well.

At the end of the day, a club is another franchise. Fighting for corporate dollars and supporters. There is really not much that is tangible or common in why we support a club, apart from supporting the club itself. Rep footy on the other hand. There's the common thread that we're all NSWmen or QLDers.

It's as though being a NSWmen, or even being Australian these days, is something to be ashamed of. I mean look at you. You seem to wish you were someone, or somewhere else. You don't have to hate QLD. But at least love the place you're from. After all, it isn't hate that gets QLD through series after series. It's the love for their family, QLD supporters, the place they're from, and it is returned in spades.

The way we carry on down here is akin to England football supporters. Criticising the national team at every opp. No wonder they've won jack shit.
I think this love of QLD crap is overcooked. They have had a better team, probably a bit more focused, and have been better prepared in relation to coaches in the past, but probably half that state these days is made up of people from other states who have jumped on the bandwagon. I can guarantee that if NSW were continually winning, they'd also be criticizing their team in spades.

I have very little time or energy to be proud of the state I come from. And to be honest, the older I’ve gotten the more disillusioned I am with it. The cost of living issues, price of real estate, questionable governments on all sides, overwhelming lack of consideration and rudeness from the ever overpopulated public amongst many other things I don’t love about my home state.

You might say it’s more Sydney gripe than NSW gripe but I’ve never lived in regional NSW so I have very little attachment to it. It’s a whole different world to living in Sans Souci in 2024.

So, my “meh” attitude about Origin and NSW is what it is. Plus, outside of a few years, my team hasn’t been heavily represented and footy players tend to be more and more unlikeable as time goes on and we’ve had coaches with close ties to other franchises I’ve grown to dislike week-to-week.

Actually it’s a surprise I don’t support Queensland.

It took moving to QLD over 20 years ago to cure me of origin. Haven't watched it since, apart from one game, and the highlights. I had not experienced actual hatred over where I come from until moving here. Way over the top from some.

It took moving to QLD over 20 years ago to cure me of origin. Haven't watched it since, apart from one game, and the highlights. I had not experienced actual hatred over where I come from until moving here. Way over the top from some.
I'm a bloke that's 190cm and pushing 100kg. The only time I've ever felt fearful of my physical safety at the football was walking down Caxton St on Origin night in a Blues jersey. Some of them were dead-set foaming at the mouth. Got the crazy eyes when they can't even look straight.

Then Joey put on his 2005 masterclass and the return journey was much more enjoyable.

I'm a bloke that's 190cm and pushing 100kg. The only time I've ever felt fearful of my physical safety at the football was walking down Caxton St on Origin night in a Blues jersey. Some of them were dead-set foaming at the mouth. Got the crazy eyes when they can't even look straight.

Then Joey put on his 2005 masterclass and the return journey was much more enjoyable.
I'd believe that. Some of the hatred is very real, far beyond what you'd experience in most Sydney crowds. I haven't attended origin but had a mate about your size who was spat on several times along Caxton St.

I had all sorts of insults from Qlders, and even a boss who, once he found out I was from NSW, basically bullied me out of a job.

I had a great night supporting the blues in 2009 with a couple of friends and family inside the Caxton when Brett White knocked out Steve Price.

We then beat the Broncos at Suncorp in a flogging where Jamie Simpson knocked out Tony De Las Heras.

That said, I've always felt in my element being in hostile places and situations hahaha.

- unless you are Victorian, of course. The sooner that state secedes, the better. :cool:
That me laugh out loud Yobbo.

And I think certain posters on here need to remember the history of this little annual encounter.

This series was established, run for and continues to be for Queenslanders.

In what other sport could you have a clearly biased referee officiate SOO games. And no, this isn't ref bashing. Gomerall freely admitted he was biased towards Qld.

Queenslanders love this shit - mainly because they really have nothing else in their dreary little lives, to fill the void of their inferiority complex.

I'm from NSW. Will never barrack for Qld.

I don't need some confected series to make me feel better either. I already know NSW is the best place in the world to live. 😉

I'd believe that. Some of the hatred is very real, far beyond what you'd experience in most Sydney crowds. I haven't attended origin but had a mate about your size who was spat on several times along Caxton St.

I had all sorts of insults from Qlders, and even a boss who, once he found out I was from NSW, basically bullied me out of a job.
Only exception would be some Bulldogs games.

Their fans are unpredictable and i always left the ground very wary after a Dogs game.

From memory, we played the bulldogs last year with 7 players injured and then we lost our 4 remaining best players to SOO3. 11 players out and only went down by 4. A win would have had us finish in 7th spot and in the finals.
The origin should not continue in its current format ... favouring some teams and penalising others. Just garbage.
Also, in the last 3 years, Souths have had 2 games where players NOT elligible for club matches ... Yet Penrith have only had 1 match with players not elligible for 3 years in a row.
How is this fair?
Origin can ruin teams chances for finals...should NOT be this way!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back