• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

I’ll likely enjoy watching the game tonight (if it’s close), but certainly Souths’ season has put a damper on the Origin circus.

With essentially no representation and a difficult year, the 5 wins in a row was a much bigger highlight than Origin this season for me.

Lack of South’s representation has me pretty apathetic towards tonight’s game. It’s still good to watch but honestly the impact on the season just grates me more and more every year.

It’s so bizarre we continue to run the season like nothing is happening but let’s remove the best players on and off for 8 weeks.

It’s like how they used to run intermission during a movie. Except in this instance they keep the movie playing while we’re all forced out to the lobby to pee and breathe in stale cigarette smoke 2nd hand.

You know the script already.

QLD will ambush NSW.

QLD will get away with murder in the ruck and grub it up in tackles.

"Pashun!"

Phil Gould will whinge about how NSW don't get Origin and "I said before the game..." with whatever opinion he had that was right while ignoring all his wrong ones.

Queenslanders will feel good about themselves for another 12 months.

New South Welshmen will be pissed off for approximately 12 minutes before moving on with our lives.

We then get on with the NSW-centric competition.

Rinse, repeat.

Origin is a pantomime.

I've been reading a lot of radical plans for Origin and I have one that's right out of the box. My idea would be to pick two entirely different sides for both QLD and NSW in the first two games and pick a best of team for the decider. This way most teams to some extent would be missing players, thus evening things up over at least two weekends out of the three in the comp games.It would also reward a State for their overall depth of talent. I'd also change some of the rules so that any player who has spent an appropriate amount of time playing in a State could be available for selection,thus giving some of our overseas talent a chance to represent the state they've played most of their footy in.

You know the script already.

QLD will ambush NSW.

QLD will get away with murder in the ruck and grub it up in tackles.

"Pashun!"

Phil Gould will whinge about how NSW don't get Origin and "I said before the game..." with whatever opinion he had that was right while ignoring all his wrong ones.

Queenslanders will feel good about themselves for another 12 months.

New South Welshmen will be pissed off for approximately 12 minutes before moving on with our lives.

We then get on with the NSW-centric competition.

Rinse, repeat.

Origin is a pantomime.
Gould is actually INCREDIBLY bullish on NSW’s chances. To the extent where he’s said if NSW get anything close to fair possession, he doesn’t see how QLD don’t succumb, and by a considerable margin.

Personally I’m looking forward to guys like Capewell, Kaufusi, Gagai, and the like looking down and out all night, yet somehow being ahead on the scoreboard after 80.

My kingdom for a close game (after the 2 non event first episodes).

Gould is actually INCREDIBLY bullish on NSW’s chances. To the extent where he’s said if NSW get anything close to fair possession, he doesn’t see how QLD don’t succumb, and by a considerable margin.
"I said before the game, I said if NSW get fair possession they'd win easily. But as you can know we've all seen it happen before, QLD came out and wanted it more, they just get Origin more, they won the possession and won the match. I said this would happen if NSW couldn't manage possession and it's a tough lesson for the NSW spine."

Pantomime.

I would love nothing more than to see Moses be completely ineffective, for Angus to have none of the impact he enjoyed on the left side last game, for it to be a real arm wrestle, and for DCE, Walsh and Grant to really make NSW suffer.

The boasts out of NSW re; Moses being the second coming of Christ following a one-off performance where his pack dominated remind me of the NSW dynasty calls from a few years back, or that time Fifita dominated a game and the NSW media were beating themselves silly over the fact QLD would be unable to answer his presence in the remainder of the series (*Ron Howard narration voice)… they did.

While normally a lack of Souths representation would make me not care much, I actually think the appointment of Madge as coach has got me more passionate than ever.

I'm really hoping his side can cause an upset of the ages even if Latrell is missing. He's really galvanised the state and I hope he leads a successful era starting from tonight.

One thing we can be 100% sure of, if NSW lose they will whinge and whinge and have every excuse under the sun, like they always do.

Great concept and time of the year, game getting closer........bring it on, can't wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

While normally a lack of Souths representation would make me not care much, I actually think the appointment of Madge as coach has got me more passionate than ever.

I'm really hoping his side can cause an upset of the ages even if Latrell is missing. He's really galvanised the state and I hope he leads a successful era starting from tonight.
Yep, stuff feeling the grass, lets just bash 'em! Go Madge!

One thing we can be 100% sure of, if NSW lose they will whinge and whinge and have every excuse under the sun, like they always do.

Great concept and time of the year, game getting closer........bring it on, can't wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Excuse = Sua'ali'i

Origin day!!!!! And a happy Origin day to all of you out there.

Say what you like about Origin, I don't care, but personally, I freaking love it and I am beyond hyped for tonight. Like, I have butterflies in my stomach kind of hype. It's a decider, basically like a Grand Final, and we are hopefully in for one hell of a game of Footy tonight.

I still maintain that the 2022 decider is one of the best games of Footy I have ever seen, and if tonight is anything like that, how could you not be hyped for it?

There's so much on the line tonight. It's one of the biggest games in NSW history but if they lose, they're on the edge of ridicule. While Queensland meanwhile have the opportunity to become one of the greatest Origin sides of all time by winning three series in a row.

There is nothing like a decider at Suncorp and boy am I ready. I'm going to milk this for every bit of enjoyment I can.

I go for Queensland in Origin, but I don't really care who wins. All I want is a great game. The last two have been fizzers and haven't really felt like Origin, so hoping for something different tonight.

I'm gonna go Queensland to win 24-16.

Let's goooooooooo!!!!

Enjoy your Origin Football.

I’m looking forward to the game tonight without the usual trepidation around Souths players copping an injury with only Cam being involved in this one. Being a decider in Qld it should be a cracker of a game. Having been to an Origin decider in the old Lang Park it was memorable to say the least. For those that remember it was the one where the NSW team got pelted with beer cans etc, total madness…..

Latest posts

Back