• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2023 State of Origin

That's one example of where stats don't tell the full picture. I think there were instances Tedesco gaining good metres but it never leads to much - and he often kills the play by trying to do too much.

I thought his defence was weak and when Collins took that bomb away from him, I just shook my head in disbelief.

Cheers
100% that’s why I posted it.

If anyone didn’t watch the game and simply viewed these stats you’d say Teddy had a super game and in comparison was the stronger of the 2 fullbacks.

How wrong can these stats be - arguably his worse rugby league game ever.

You pick club combinations for your spine when you don't know how to coach. NSW have been doing it for years and the stats don't lie. Look at that QLD spine last night picked on players in form irrespective of where they're from. Slater can coach.

Andrew John’s says we need appi and cook

You pick club combinations for your spine when you don't know how to coach. NSW have been doing it for years and the stats don't lie. Look at that QLD spine last night picked on players in form irrespective of where they're from. Slater can coach.
Interesting was the lead up commentary from the media about Ponga and Gagai missing out yet the players chosen had arguably game changing moments saving tries or scoring them. Incredible calls by Slater while Fittler continues to stick with Panthers and Teddy.

Honestly Cleary for Penrith is immortal while for the Blues is just ordinary.

With about 2 mins of thought, something like:

1. Dylan Edwards
2. Brian To'o
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Campbell Graham
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Junior Paulo
9. Damien Cook
10. Payne Haas
11. Liam Martin
12. Cameron Murray
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Api Koroisau
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Stefano Utoikamanu

Api was one of the blues best.

Fatty saying it works for QLD, then Johns said they did it with Bedsy and Wing.

Cook is no Wing though.

Be a waste of a bench spot
I agree cookie is no wing,I wish he was and illias was John’s

With about 2 mins of thought, something like:

1. Dylan Edwards
2. Brian To'o
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Campbell Graham
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Junior Paulo
9. Damien Cook
10. Payne Haas
11. Liam Martin
12. Cameron Murray
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Api Koroisau
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Stefano Utoikamanu
Good side, but I just can’t see Freddy making 7 changes to the first game squad.

Also a bit hard to drop Hynes though agree Cody has been in sensational form but it’s clear Fittler doesn’t seem to pick on form.

Cleary hasn’t shined for some reason in SOO so why not go all out and pick Hynes and Cody as the halves.

Good side, but I just can’t see Freddy making 7 changes to the first game squad.

Also a bit hard to drop Hynes though agree Cody has been in sensational form but it’s clear Fittler doesn’t seem to pick on form.

Cleary hasn’t shined for some reason in SOO so why not go all out and pick Hynes and Cody as the halves.
I don't care what Freddie would do.

Tedesco is woefully out of form.
Turbo is playing at about 25% capacity.
Crichton was only a stop-gap solution.
TPJ was the stupidest selection in years.
Luai isn't up to standard.
Young was out of his depth.
Hynes on the bench is about as useful as Taaffe is to us.

I do agree with you on Cleary though. They surround him with his teammates to help him and he still can't produce points at this level.

I don't care what Freddie would do.

Tedesco is woefully out of form.
Turbo is playing at about 25% capacity.
Crichton was only a stop-gap solution.
TPJ was the stupidest selection in years.
Luai isn't up to standard.
Young was out of his depth.
Hynes on the bench is about as useful as Taaffe is to us.

I do agree with you on Cleary though. They surround him with his teammates to help him and he still can't produce points at this level.
....and a knowledgeable coach instead of a goose would be helpful as well. He thought he was being clever with his selections and was made to look like a fool. Slater has it all over him. In fact the whole Qld set-up is just far superior to the circus NSW continually dish up!

Last edited:
Back