• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Women's World Cup 2023

Talented athletes, boring game.
It’ll be over soon, give us back our stadiums! 🤪
Maybe the Tigers and Dragons should convert to Soccer, as it’s often 0-0 at full time! 😂

Surely, surelyyyyyyy if we try to host a mens world cup now, they will give it to us in a canter!

The crowds have been amazing.

Well, the I think best way that I can sum up the first half tonight is with a yesssssssssss, a nooooooo a yessssssssss, a yessssss a nooooooo and a finally another yeessssssss.

With perhaps the odd ooooh and phew thrown in.

Really enthralling stuff.

Come on you Matildas

Great start to the second half. I’m not sure we will see Sam Kerr.

Oh whaaaaat a night.

Fantastic by the Matildas. And as much as Canada played their part in a highly entertaining game, I honestly don't think that the 4-0 scoreline flattered the Matildas

Onwards and upwards.

Add Sam Kerr to the team and they might go a step further but it gets much tougher from here on in. I looks like Denmark in the quarter finals but I wouldn't mind England - our chances would be diminished but eliminating the Poms would be magic.

Cheers

Denmark it is. I would relished playing the Poms even if we were rank outsiders. I know that the TV ratings for the world cup have been great but imagine if it was an Australia vs England match. That would drag in a lot of extra viewers.

Cheers

Never complain about the NRL site again...

Tuned in late for the South Africa v Italy game to see that SA were 3-2 up. I wanted to check what had happened during the game. So I went to the official website, where the match report includes an 'overview' tab showing a timeline of key events.

According to the timeline, there were two goals on the SA side of things and three on the Italian, which confused me.

Then I realised that SA's opening goal was an own goal by an Italian player.

So, it was showing on the Italian side of the timeline because it was scored by an Italian player. :D :rolleyes:

A magnificent defensive performance by Jamaica sees Brazil join Canada as surprise early exits from the Cup.

Italy went out partly because of an own goal. Will she seek political asylum?

Cheers

And another ones's gone, another one's gone, another one bites the dust

World no.2 Germany are out of the World Cup.
That's amazing. Some strong countries have been bundled out. Germany had the best goal differential (and Morocco the worst) but they didn't get them when they needed them.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back