• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Women's World Cup 2023

HarryofOz

Grand Master
Reaction score
Kicks off this evening (in a minute or so in fact).

New Zealand v Norway as the opener, followed by Australia v Ireland.

Come on the Matildas.

Brilliant opener

New Zealand win their first every world cup finals match at home in front of the biggest crowd to every attend a football match in New Zealand.

So much emotion. Great to see.

Bit of a frenetic first half. Some good moments and a couple of half-chances created but no real pressure on a packed Ireland defence.

A goal should open things up though.

Excellent stuff, looking forward to catching more of the World Cup over the next few weeks.

I only saw the last 20 odd mins after watching the bottom feeders game in the gong but I thought Ireland were really dominating field position in that late stage and the Matildas did well to hang on.

It was great to see the Kiwis start with a win - I caught a fair bit of that game. I watched the second half of the Matilda's win - it was pretty gripping stuff but they held on well.

Cheers

A most enjoyable opening few days to the comp. Some great goals and good football.

Drams too with penalties being saved, then retaken and scored.

Oh the vagaries of sport, from a moment of ecstasy to a 'noooooooo, I can't believe it'

Cracking first half between the Matildas and the Super Falcons. It looked like a perfect end to the half when Van Egmond slotted away her goal only for the Nigerians to equalise with the final kick of the half.

Hopefully more of the same to come, but with the Aussies winning in the end.

That's bad luck for the Matildas, still in it, just have to beat Canada.

Can anyone explain to me why the picture quality is like watching a sporting event on satellite from the 70s, it's so blury, is it done that way on purpose?

Oh boy, it seems it was not meant to be. So many chances but only one taken.

But one cannot deny that Nigeria probably deserved the three points. Played very well and took those two chances clinically.

A cracking game.

So on to Canada and a must win final group game. Hopefully with Kerr and Fowler on the field

Come on you Matildas

Won’t be easy to beat Canada they’re ranked 7th in the world.

Latest posts

Back