• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Video of Hawkins tackle but

Sonic Star

Grand Master
Reaction score

But the thing I want to point out and it's been a weakness for so long is look at our markers, or should I say lack of markers.

Constant issue, we are hopeless in the ruck, we are lazy in this area, we get ripped to shreds in the middle as a result, putting us on the back foot or leading to points against us.

We have to be the worst team in this regard and see no improvements on it.

Best defensive teams dominate the ruck, make sure their markers are in position.

We are unfit Nd lazy and we are often caught out like thai.

If it was 3 minutes into the game I'd be concerned, but 3 minutes to go with no chance of winning after the Sharks made a break and quick play the ball.....?

The effort was certainly there on Saturday night.

Brailey actually beats our whole forward pack.

But the thing I want to point out and it's been a weakness for so long is look at our markers, or should I say lack of markers.

Constant issue, we are hopeless in the ruck, we are lazy in this area, we get ripped to shreds in the middle as a result, putting us on the back foot or leading to points against us.

We have to be the worst team in this regard and see no improvements on it.

Best defensive teams dominate the ruck, make sure their markers are in position.
Not sure that’s a great example, Shaq and Havili had played 50 minutes each at this point and made 30 tackles…..unsurprisingly they were found out at marker….
BTW I do think our ruck D has been average and the Warriors destroyed us through the middle but I thought it was better against Cronulla and not much more Shaq and Havili could have done in that example

People have short memories. We were down to 14 players for the entire 2nd half and had 3 HIA's (thankfully Gray & Host passed theirs), but let's put shit on the them because the Sharks got a quick play the ball and made a break with 3 minutes left in the game. FMD.

People have short memories. We were down to 14 players for the entire 2nd half and had 3 HIA's (thankfully Gray & Host passed theirs), but let's put shit on the them because the Sharks got a quick play the ball and made a break with 3 minutes left in the game. FMD.

Surprised the old cliche of “there’s no excuse, bottom line is we lost” hasn’t been trotted out🥴

There certainly was effort.
But we still leaked 30 odd points. If we had our full bench we could have won but with our defence it's hard to tell. We may have lifted because of the bench situation. It's been said before we seem to defend better when players are sin binned.

There certainly was effort.
But we still leaked 30 odd points. If we had our full bench we could have won but with our defence it's hard to tell. We may have lifted because of the bench situation. It's been said before we seem to defend better when players are sin binned.
You know what I think happens when someone gets sinbinned or we lose players due to injury the other guys really take accountability for the performance, there is know one else and they respond. It Is probably telling that 2 guys who really should have been part of that effort Kolomatangi and Walker were hardly noticeable.
I thought Shaq was great for a big guy to pump out those minutes was an effor

Lol you don't watch us play or only pay attention to flashy things.

It's a major issue with our defence and it goes back from last season.

Pay more attention to things and you will notice.

But shit because this one instance happened at the end of the game and that makes it ok?

What if it cost us the game, would it be ok then?

Forgot the small picture, all you focused on is one match, look at the big picture and why we constantly getting carved up the Middle week after week..

Watch how teams like Penrith handle the ruck and compare it, you will then see why they're the best defensive side and we ain't

Reactions: CCR
Lol you don't watch us play or only pay attention to flashy things.

It's a major issue with our defence and it goes back from last season.

Pay more attention to things and you will notice.

But shit because this one instance happened at the end of the game and that makes it ok?

What if it cost us the game, would it be ok then?

Forgot the small picture, all you focused on is one match, look at the big picture and why we constantly getting carved up the Middle week after week..

Watch how teams like Penrith handle the ruck and compare it, you will then see why they're the best defensive side and we ain't
Seriously? You didn't even watch the game and you're lecturing me on what happened and telling me to pay more attention? Your ego has no 'ceiling ' does it?

Latest posts

Back