• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

TV Shows - Recommendation thread

ZIG.NISZ.

Master
Reaction score
With the off season upon us and the World Cup ending late November, I thought it would be good if we can list recommendations of what pridesters have watched and liked.

I have seen plenty but have recently watched Mr Inbetween on Foxtel which has become one of my all time favourites.

Have seen some pretty good ones recently as well including Mayor of Kingstown, Reacher, Bosch, Power (plus spin offs), We Crashed, Yellowstone, Billions and 1883.

Let us all know what you have been watching....

We enjoyed Ozarks, Alias Grace and The Last kingdom which is a bit like Vikings.

I still need to get across the final season of Ozark.

I’m a bit late to the party but I am looking forward to it.

Mr Inbetween, The Last kingdom, Vikings all good shows, The Originals but depends what your into

Literally just finished watching a superb British drama called “Sherwood”…on Foxtel/Binge.

About a couple of murders in Nottinghamshire.

Really really good (first ep is a bit slow, but builds nicely in a rip snorter.

Also watching Savage River on ABC. Excellent Aussie drama

And Rings of Power on Amazon…absolutely loving this. Fascinating blend of Silmarillion (****ing boring book) and some new stuff about the first battle of the ring.

Makes me want to read LoTR for the 22nd time 😂

My all time favourite completed shows:

Mr Robot
Dark
The Expanse
The Leftovers

Incredible limited series:

Chernobyl
The Haunting of Hill House
Devs
Watchmen
Tales from the Loop

Currently watching:

Rick and Morty - Season 6
House of the Dragon - Season 1 (relented and it's surprisingly excellent)
Andor - Season 1

Awaiting next seasons:

The Boys
Reacher
Stranger Things
Peacemaker
Arcane

Started watching the series on mass murderer John Dahmer but turned it off after 40 minutes, way too dark for mine..

Ah they do not make TV like this any more- for the oldies- what was your favourite?

Attachments

• TV giude 1965 1.jpg
    TV giude 1965 1.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 13
  • TV giude 1965 2.jpg
    TV giude 1965 2.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 13
Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul were great series. Well written and acted but not to everyone's taste. Very dark.

I enjoyed Vikings, The Americans, True Detective (very dark), Ozark, House of Cards, The Wire, & Big Little Lies. Can't think of any others. Watched many crap series as well. Got sucked into Game of Thrones; what a disappointment that was.

Just watching The Bundy Tapes on Netflix, really disturbing and sad but also one of the best docos ive seen, so sad that he escaped twice and young girls paid with their lives for the escape, he is reported to have killed over 30 young women, great gripping doco .

Just watching The Bundy Tapes on Netflix, really disturbing and sad but also one of the best docos ive seen, so sad that he escaped twice and young girls paid with their lives for the escape, he is reported to have killed over 30 young women, great gripping doco .
I read a book about different murders in Australia. Won't be doing anything like that again. The things people can do to other people. I still think about some of them.

I've watched a lot of the stuff by NFL Films. Top 10's, biographies of players, different super bowl winners. Really good. Gives you a feel of the history of the game, the big moments, the rivalries. Would be great to see an NRL version.

Latest posts

Back