• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

TV Shows - Recommendation thread

I read a book about different murders in Australia. Won't be doing anything like that again. The things people can do to other people. I still think about some of them.
I have been watching BORN TO KILL? and one of the consistent things in a lot of cases is that the killer should have been caught a long time before he was.

Hopalong Cassidy rides again,SuperDuperman,When a girl marries,Blue Hills.
The good old days,Pick a Box.
I am pretty old Chelsea!🤪
Hah - me too. Some of my favorites that come to mind straight off The Samurai. I actually had a suit as a kid- Combat was a great show. Phantom Agents, Marine Boy, Astro Boy, The Thunderbirds, The Monkees, The Beatles cartoon, Gigantor. But of course I used to sit riveted to the ABC replay on a Sunday night of the Saturday match of the Day- only when Souths were playing. Not only would I get upset if they lost but they also had to score the last try. For years I did not know, ( I was in the country and no member in a family- before and since, ever cared one bit about football) that Souths were red and green. I thought they were two tones of grey.

To the moon Alice!😝
I used to have an outfit of the Creature from the Black Lagoon,I was pretty ugly as a kid,look like Rock Hudson now!

Last edited:
"Andor" is the best show on TV right now. I didn't want it, had no interest in it, was bored of Star Wars. But holy heck is this show good.
That most recent episode was brilliant. It started a bit slow but has really picked up.

I was like that when Rogue One came out. Didn’t have much interest in it at first. But when I watched it loved it.

"Andor" is the best show on TV right now. I didn't want it, had no interest in it, was bored of Star Wars. But holy heck is this show good.
I wasn’t super impressed with the first episode… but gee it has gotten good since.

That most recent episode was brilliant. It started a bit slow but has really picked up.

I was like that when Rogue One came out. Didn’t have much interest in it at first. But when I watched it loved it.
I've watched all the movies and the only one I enjoyed more than Rogue One was the original Star Wars.

I've watched all the movies and the only one I enjoyed more than Rogue One was the original Star Wars.
I would have Empire ahead of it as well. But I just loved how they linked the 2 movies.

Andor isn't the best Star Wars but it's almost certainly the best writing in Star Wars. I mean we've gone from:

"I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating… and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

To this:

Supervisor Lonni Jung: My sacrifice? It means nothing to you, does it?

Luthen Rael: I said I think of you constantly and I do. Your investment in the Rebellion is epic. A double life? Every day a performance? The stress of that? We need heroes, Lonni, and here you are.

Supervisor Lonni Jung: And what do you sacrifice?

Luthen Rael: Calm. Kindness. Kinship. Love. I've given up all chance at inner peace. I've made my mind a sunless space. I share my dreams with ghosts. I wake up every day to an equation I wrote 15 years ago from which there's only one conclusion, I'm damned for what I do. My anger, my ego, my unwillingness to yield, my eagerness to fight, they've set me on a path from which there is no escape. I yearned to be a savior against injustice without contemplating the cost and by the time I looked down there was no longer any ground beneath my feet. What is my sacrifice? I'm condemned to use the tools of my enemy to defeat them. I burn my decency for someone else's future. I burn my life to make a sunrise that I know I'll never see. And the ego that started this fight will never have a mirror or an audience or the light of gratitude. So what do I sacrifice? Everything!

The original Star Wars series were the best sci- fi out of Hollywood ……even better than ScoMo promoting himself as Darth Vader!

I have been watching FIFA Uncovered on Netflix.

Quite amazing to see the levels of corruption in that organisation.

There are some interesting programs re the ill fated Franklin expedition to the Arctic where the entire crew of two Royal Naval vessels perished.
What is most interesting is the class/race based snobbery of the Anglo ******s who ventured in search of the missing explorers!
They totally ignored the info provided by the Inuit native people of that area who had survived there for thousands of years?

Hopalong Cassidy rides again,SuperDuperman,When a girl marries,Blue Hills.
The good old days,Pick a Box.
I am pretty old Chelsea!🤪
I can remember some shows like yesterday
Combat
Phantom Agents- we only use guns as a last resort.
The Samurai- cutting up cans to make star knives
Astro Boy
Gigantor
Kimba
Marine Boy
ah they should have a TV station dedicated to just shows like ours

The when a girl marries crap is serious vomit material.
Farmer wants a wife,couple of old bastards etc.etc.
Hoppy was half fair dinkum.
Watching telly today is like reading the Smelligraph!

Latest posts

Back