• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Announcement The Pride has a Facebook and Instagram page!

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the 2023 season unfolds, I have an aim to generate South Sydney related content for Facebook and Instagram and as such I have created an official Facebook and Instagram page for The Pride!

It would be great if you could please give the page a like on Facebook and a follow on Instagram.

The general idea is to generate some interest on those platforms and perhaps drive some more users back to the forum to contribute to discussions.

If anyone has some ideas for what kind of content they would like to see on these platforms, please feel free to leave your suggestions below. Also, if anyone would perhaps like to assist in generating content, please feel free to let me know as well.

I've got a few ideas running through my mind at the moment but at the top of the list is featuring some of the best comments from the forum in an Instagram post. I'm already looking forward to one of @raider's classic post-game blow ups because I always get such a big laugh out of them.

Anywho, if you're able to send a like on Facebook and a follow on Instagram it would be greatly appreciated - looking forward to seeing what 2023 has in store for the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!

Cheers,
RabbitJ

Sorry to be a curmudgeon, but I wouldn't want anything I post on here to be put on Facebook or Instagram without me knowing. Yes, I understand that (unlike the old site) the new Pride is publicly accessible/viewable by non-members, but still.

Social media is full of loonies and I kind of like that The Pride is full of (mostly) reasonable die-hards. One quick skim of the 'South Sydney Rabbitohs Fan Club' on Facebook makes me want to throw my computer into the ocean.

That's a fair point, although in any event, any content would not be personally identifiable or published without permission.

Would your concern be that you wouldn't want it traced back to your username?

1675403079873.png

Suggest use of the Link provided above as searching by The Pride returns a different page; moderated by Jobear.

Can't say I like the idea. I would hope you at least ask someone like raider if they want their comments appearing on instagram. I like the fact that this is/was a private site, and didn't realise the general public could view.

Can't say I like the idea. I would hope you at least ask someone like raider if they want their comments appearing on instagram. I like the fact that this is/was a private site, and didn't realise the general public could view.
Nothing would be republished without permission. Although, the main type of content that I was suggesting would be posted, but did not explicitly state, would be team related and not forum related. There's no intention to have any social media take away from what the forum provides and has provided for years.

It does seem like a good time though to remind everyone that anything they publish online (including under pseudonyms) should not be published unless they are willing to stand by those comments. This applies to content on open and closed sites.

It’s a really good point @RabbitJ - nothing online is private.

It’s why I post under my name (that and I can’t think of any clever nicknames 🤪).

Can someone post the actual link for the facebook page and the insta thing and I’ll try and join them.

Not that it will make any difference really. I’m not really on either platform.

Oh and happy to put forward some content from time to time if you need it.

Cheers Prowsey

Links:

That first post is July 2022?
I must have created the page when we migrated to the new forum, but I haven't done anything with the page since then.

You should start a Twitter account, you'd make Rabbits21 the happiest bunny in the world! :LOL:

Don't take offence bro, just taking the piss.

Latest posts

Back