• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The Magic Number Is 7 (as predicted, now 4)

Pplspoet

Legendary Member
Reaction score
For those that haven’t done the math, our elimination number for 2024 is likely 7.

Lose more than 7 more games this season and you can’t finish on 32 points (the cut off for the 8 we missed last season - for and against wasn’t an issue for those that finished on 32).

I reckon we’re odds on to lose the next 3, so that leaves us probably needing a 12 from 16 finish to the season to salvage something of the year (I.e, the caretaker coaches task)

Our run home (by ladder position):

Titans
Dragons
Eels x 2
Knights
Broncos
Tigers x 2
Sea Eagles
Roosters
Raiders
Sharks x 2
Storm x 2
Panthers x 2
Cowboys
Dolphins

For the optimist’s in the group, the inverse is you need to find 12 wins in that lot.

at least we don't have to think about relative ladder position.
EVERY other team is ahead of us

dead cat bounce?

In finance, a dead cat bounce is a small, brief recovery in the price of a declining stock.[1] Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height",[2] the phrase is also popularly applied to any case where a subject experiences a brief resurgence during or following a severe decline. This may also be known as a "sucker rally".

For those that haven’t done the math, our elimination number for 2024 is likely 7.

Lose more than 7 more games this season and you can’t finish on 32 points (the cut off for the 8 we missed last season - for and against wasn’t an issue for those that finished on 32).

I reckon we’re odds on to lose the next 3, so that leaves us probably needing a 12 from 16 finish to the season to salvage something of the year (I.e, the caretaker coaches task)

Our run home (by ladder position):

Titans
Dragons
Eels x 2
Knights
Broncos
Tigers x 2
Sea Eagles
Roosters
Raiders
Sharks x 2
Storm x 2
Panthers x 2
Cowboys
Dolphins

For the optimist’s in the group, the inverse is you need to find 12 wins in that lot.
The true optimist looks for the two games we can drop (and assumes we build a good F&A through the rest of the season).

dead cat bounce?

In finance, a dead cat bounce is a small, brief recovery in the price of a declining stock.[1] Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height",[2] the phrase is also popularly applied to any case where a subject experiences a brief resurgence during or following a severe decline. This may also be known as a "sucker rally".
I love that analogy…

Would it though?

I mean the dead cat would just go splat the equal and opposite reaction on impact is to disperse the energy of the mass in all directions but it wouldn’t bounce🧐
It would depend upon how much the rigor mortis had developed. The stiffer the body, the less cushioning on impact….hence more bounce according to the late professor Julius Sumner Miller in answering the question ‘why is it so ?’

It would depend upon how much the rigor mortis had developed. The stiffer the body, the less cushioning on impact….hence more bounce according to the late professor Julius Sumner Miller in answering the question ‘why is it so ?’
Oh boy oh boy did it go…. It went haha it went !

Latest posts

Back