• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

State of Origin: Discussion

Hunt and DCE had some key kicks in the game and just not sure why Burton wasn’t putting up all of the bombs as Cleary didn’t have a great game.

That’s funny Poet.

Fittler will blame everything but his half arsed selections based on repaying favours.

Crichton should’ve been dropped for Wighton - as Latrell ruled himself out.
Waiting for Latrell to be blamed for the loss, because he ruled himself out! :cool:

Latrell will be thanking his lucky stars he avoided that last night.
Although you could argue he may have won the game for NSW with his dynamic play.

He also would have been first man in with the biff so im glad he wasnt there! lol

Does she waltz? Glory, glory

State of Origin national anthem singer brutally mocked by footy fans​

Theatre singer Matilda Moran sang to 52,000 people in the stadium and millions at home, belting out Advance Australia Fair.

There were fireworks on the footy field last night as Queensland smashed aside New South Wales to claim this year’s State of Origin series.
But some fans were less impressed by the performance of the national anthem before the match got underway.

Theatre singer Matilda Moran sang to 52,000 people in the stadium and millions at home, belting out Advance Australia Fair.
Unfortunately, some fans cruelly mocked her singing, comparing it to a TikTok dance or a “Teletubbies remix”.

Matilda Moran performed the national anthem at the State of Origin decider. Picture: Nine

“Why does our national anthem sound like a Tik Tok dance…,” one fan asked.

“Backing track for the anthem was created on a Casio keyboard by a year 8 music student,” another tweeted.

“That rendition of the Australian anthem sounded like the Teletubbies remix,” another critic said.

However, not everyone was unimpressed, with some saying it was the best performance of the national anthem that they had heard in years.

“Love the feeling of hairs rising on your neck when the national anthem is sung at sporting events,” one footy fan tweeted.

Moran is unlikely be bothered by a few trolls online, and was spoke of her excitement to be singing at State of Origin before the match.

“I never dreamt that one day I’d be invited to sing the national anthem at an Origin match. I am absolutely honoured,” she said.

Queensland beat New South Wales 22-12 to win the series 2-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
This series was lost game one.

NSW should have been on a 5 series win streak. Instead have now lost 2 of the last 3.

Credit to Queensland. They just want it more. You can see in the way they play. It just looks as though it means more to them.

What next for NSW? Getting Latrell and Turbo back next year will help. I know people go on about Tedesco, but I can’t help but think sometimes he hinders the side. He would be so much more dangerous if he actually passed and set up his outside men.

I can’t see them getting rid of Fittler. Not enough noise in the media about it. Although surely he should be questioned?

I just hope that next year whoever is selecting the teams doesn’t fall for the player who has a few big games leading into origin next year by picking them. Aka Talakai. Also hope that they don’t select players on club combinations. It doesn’t work that way.

This series was lost game one.

NSW should have been on a 5 series win streak. Instead have now lost 2 of the last 3.

Credit to Queensland. They just want it more. You can see in the way they play. It just looks as though it means more to them.

What next for NSW? Getting Latrell and Turbo back next year will help. I know people go on about Tedesco, but I can’t help but think sometimes he hinders the side. He would be so much more dangerous if he actually passed and set up his outside men.

I can’t see them getting rid of Fittler. Not enough noise in the media about it. Although surely he should be questioned?

I just hope that next year whoever is selecting the teams doesn’t fall for the player who has a few big games leading into origin next year by picking them. Aka Talakai. Also hope that they don’t select players on club combinations. It doesn’t work that way.
Fittler has admitted he made some selection mistakes and said next year the side will be made up totally of just Panthers and Roosters players :D

If Fittler is coaching the Blues next year then just hope that both Latrell and Tommy Turbo are available otherwise expect some more bizarre selection decisions.

How can your best player in game one (Wighton) not slot into the game 3 side and you keep Stephen Chrichton in?

Also what did RCG do wrong to not make the squad?

Are the Panther boys really selecting the team or is it the influence of Brandy Alexander?

Apparently Politis has had Brandon Smith's nationality documents changed and Fittler has him locked in for an Origin spot next year. Suaalii has demanded his contract clause be upheld and gets a wing spot or he'll go to Union. Stay tuned !

If Fittler is coaching the Blues next year then just hope that both Latrell and Tommy Turbo are available otherwise expect some more bizarre selection decisions.

How can your best player in game one (Wighton) not slot into the game 3 side and you keep Stephen Chrichton in?

Are the Panther boys really selecting the team or is it the influence of Brandy Alexander?
Supposedly he's had a falling out with the Panthers boys.

I mean FFS...grow the **** up.

It's Fittler's arrogance before the game and then the poor me contrition after it that does my head in.

Actually I think the success of Queensland this year is due to Munster, DCE, Hunt and Grant being able to change the momentum of the game, when their team is on the back foot.
Unfortunately I disagree.

When the NSW forwards got on top of the Qld forwards in game 2, where was DCE then?

He had a busted game.

Don't get me wrong, his kicking last night was nothing short of awesome.

But it is down to the fact that he had so much more time, because we were being bashed from pillar to post by the Qld boys.

Hunt's intercept was spectacular but if I could I would've put $50 on Cleary doing a chip and chase in that set. It was that obvious.

Nope...sorry.

Forwards win games and backs decide by how much.

Only exception to that rule is Smith/Cronk/Slater spine...with at least 2 immortals in that line-up.

It has to be Alexander. I doubt Fittler would have cared much about the Penrith boys problem with RCG. While Freddy has a soft spot for his junior team, he is first and foremost a scum lackey.

QLD deserved their win but had to play dirty and bash the blues to do it…it was their game plan all along

Latest posts

Back