• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Solly confirms Souths interest in Bennett

so weeks not months for a new head coach

I wonder if Bennett has the appetite to 'rebuild' a roster. That's what he and anyone else who replaces the current football staff will need to do IMO.

Redcliffe was easy in comparison. It was a clean slate. South Sydney need to make some hard calls on a great portion of the roster.
Roster is fine. They need to be hardened up. I would love Bennett to bring a real hard arse assistant with him.

In all honesty this team needs a Madge style coach for a couple of years but it won’t happen

Roster is fine. They need to be hardened up. I would love Bennett to bring a real hard arse assistant with him.

In all honesty this team needs a Madge style coach for a couple of years but it won’t happen

Easy isn’t it, just rant, rave and kick arse and suddenly the likes of MCK, Host, Tatola, Moale, Havili, Milne, Kennar, Thompson & Hawkins will suddenly be NRL starting quality

Easy isn’t it, just rant, rave and kick arse and suddenly the likes of MCK, Host, Tatola, Moale, Havili, Milne, Kennar, Thompson & Hawkins will suddenly be NRL starting quality
Of all those names you listed to try prove a point only 1 is a starter in our full strength team 👍 good job 😂

I'll stand by my original opinion 6 years ago (which may or may not have wavered over the years, but that's besides the point)

:cool:

Screenshot 2024-05-01 104707.png

Of all those names you listed to try prove a point only 1 is a starter in our full strength team 👍 good job 😂

No, your point was a hard arse ranter would improve them.

to refresh your memory, “Roster is fine. They need to be hardened up. I would love Bennett to bring a real hard arse assistant with him”
💡💡💡

No you don’t rant and rave but you do set some pretty clear expectations on performance and you start those conversations with the top part of your roster
Keaon
Tatola
Murray
Trell
Walker
Cook

Reading between the lines it sounds like a fair bit of confusion has crept in to the club, for example
1) we extended Mamo because the club though he was good enough
2) planned so start the year with 2 hookers and then didn’t
3) cookie hasn’t really performed so we dropped him
4) now we dropped Mamo back to the bench again

So what’s happened? If Mamo is good enough back him in now. If he ain’t good enough why did we extend him?

Feels like there is fair amount of confusion in lots of areas

There is one at the club already, Furner.

Very well handled by Solly. Was asled every hard question. And answered them openly and honestly.

The detail around JD providing a pack to the board for consideration goes some way to explaining the delay yesterday.

Last edited:
Very well handled by Solly. Asked every hard question. And answered them openly and honestly.

The detail around JD providing a pack to the board for consideration goes some way to explaining the delay yesterday.

it would appear his problem started with asking for 8 weeks when some wanted 4.
It probably started the dumbarse to and fro , power struggle that clearly is in place

I'd take Bennett for 2-3 years and then immediately appoint Madge or a Madge style coach that has full license to move players on that don't buy in.

The alternative is to allow Bennett to remain until he carks it/doesn't want to coach any more but this will need to be managed carefully.

Back