• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Solly confirms Souths interest in Bennett

Chammas reporting a third party has lodged interest on behalf of Cheika (any chance its the art dealer?? šŸ¤Ŗ)

What do we know of Cheika? I donā€™t follow RU at all so havent a clue about him in that sense. If it wasnt for him being a Souths fan and Lebanese Iā€™d know even less!
Ex Marcellin College boy so must be a bit of a legend

My mate worked under him at the Waratahs and Wallabies, always spoke highly of him

More of a man manager than great tactician but gets in really skilled technical support in the areas needed

My mate also worked under Eddie Jones. Said heā€™s an absolute f$&kwit to the extent he only has one chair in his office and thatā€™s his

I'll stand by my original opinion 6 years ago (which may or may not have wavered over the years, but that's besides the point)

:cool:

View attachment 2392
I dont think you need to rebuild after Bennett.

You just need to appoint the next best coach and ditch this succession plan that every club has tried to adopt.

I would also be happy if Bennett came for 3 years in 2025 and somehow managed to jag number 22 in that time.

Very interesting interview on NRL360.

Bwaith put his foot in it, basically confirming that Sam HAD been speaking to him about what was going on at Souths, which I thought Blake handled well.

And there was a VERY clear agenda of gotcha questions from Bwaith and James Graham in particular, with the ā€œjournosā€ being softer in their questioning.

Blake is a person under pressure though.

They questioned our development and pathways

Like winning reserve grade was cool, but I would rather it get the wooden spoon if it actually developed 3 to 5 players who can move up to first grade and play like first graders and can become future stars.

Rather than stack it with players like Milne, Kennar, Chee Kam, Thompson etc etc

That is the part we got it wrong.

Also concerning when Graham questioned him about our middles, he didn't see an issue there.

No Burgess next season.

Or props are going to be

Tatola
keppie
Mitchell
Moale
Arrow will have to be used there most likely.

That ain't good and there really isn't any forwards coming through knocking the door down either.

Wayne is coming back to finish the story.

80k in Accor in 2021 and we would have brought it home.

That night we were all unbelievably proud. But some circumstances were out of our control. You'll never see a suspension that long for a marquee player ever again either. '

There is unfinished business.

And it's something to feel good about. Because the king is back.

They questioned our development and pathways

Like winning reserve grade was cool, but I would rather it get the wooden spoon if it actually developed 3 to 5 players who can move up to first grade and play like first graders and can become future stars.

Rather than stack it with players like Milne, Kennar, Chee Kam, Thompson etc etc

That is the part we got it wrong.

Also concerning when Graham questioned him about our middles, he didn't see an issue there.

No Burgess next season.

Or props are going to be

Tatola
keppie
Mitchell
Moale
Arrow will have to be used there most likely.

That ain't good and there really isn't any forwards coming through knocking the door down either.
I think Keon will be back in the middle if they develop Duncan properly

They will also most likely sign a pommie prop too

Iā€™m over Souths fans who have said Solly isnā€™t in on football decisions and have told me off over the years. I have said for years he was in on it you can see easily and if you listen to this morning presser and NRL 360 tonight Solly confirms what I knew already he is involved in the recruitment side of things. I do not think he should be and he along with the others have made key mistakes. At least he admitted tonight he regrets some things he did over the last 12-18 months.

As for Schaefer going then why were they begging him to not quit? The bloke is a parasite sorry heā€™s big trouble and Iā€™m glad heā€™s wanting to quit donā€™t let the door hit you on the way out!

So JD and Schaefer out is good! Solly and Ello likely survive but need to perform better than what they have of late. Their hands arenā€™t fully clean in all this either.

In saying all this I think Solly handled the media as best as he could and kudos and respect to him for showing up and answering some tough questions.

Wayne wouldā€™ve had input into the Dodd signing too for sure. I expect Wayne to be announced in the next couple of weeks.

Start the rebuild

Solly is the CEO - of course heā€™d be across football matters. Its not like when Richo was around and Richo was in charge of Football and Blake in charge of commercial. When Richo left (2020? 2021?) that structure changed.

Very interesting interview on NRL360.

Bwaith put his foot in it, basically confirming that Sam HAD been speaking to him about what was going on at Souths, which I thought Blake handled well.

And there was a VERY clear agenda of gotcha questions from Bwaith and James Graham in particular, with the ā€œjournosā€ being softer in their questioning.

Blake is a person under pressure though.

Ill watch the episode tomorrow, sounds glorious.

We need people in the nrl community to hold our club accountable. There is no way blake doesn't have mud on his hands from this mess too.

I'm not suggesting he be let go, unless the board or the owners want that. However as ceo the buck stops with him and with the coach being sacked and the COO quitting - please explain what his involvement was and how we can avoid being in this position again.

Blake did well. Admitted his position was and should be scrutinised.

Biggest concern was the retention committee and the fact he believes pathways is ok.

Of course Bennett will want to come back. Tapeworms have nothing on us. Once Souths get under your skin, we are there forever.

Latest posts

Back