• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

So the next day I still feel like our performance last night was nowhere near as bad as people in the media are making out. The Storm and Warriors games were much, much worse.

During the second half we had lost our halfback AND our fullback from a team that prior to the game was already missing 14 of our Top 30... and it was 18-12 with 20 mins to go.

From that point our hooker playing fullback was struggling, our lock and backrower in the centres were struggling, and our forwards forced to play extra minutes were struggling.

Against Penrith.

2 of the 3 main architects of our shit on field performances (head coach and COO/head of football) are gone.... get rid of the high performance (lol) manager next, and get bloody fit.

I'll judge if there's any improvement over the next month when we start getting some players back. I won't expect reserve graders to beat a Panthers side only missing a couple of players.

In hindsight Gray should have come off. He was a passenger out there. Watch the prick who crippled him get a fine or 1 week at worst!
I'm not usually this accurate with my predictions! 😑

Last edited:
Found out about the reason why Tallis wasn’t able to be activated. As you and I thought @yobbo84 it was due to the fact he stayed on.
I can sort of understand how some coaches would abuse a scenario like that (if their player wasn't really injured)

There should be a 15 min grace period (similar to HIA) to see if the player can continue on or not.

No one in that situation is going to rule out their fullback after 5 mins, but they should be allowed a short period to see if they can continue on or not...

But this is the NRL, they rely on vibes rather than specifics.

They should have pulled him straight away
Yeah can’t disagree with this. He did try to push through it. Whilst he was moving around he thought he could. As soon as he went off and cooled down he was no chance coming back.

Hiw long before burns can play first grade.

Hiw long before burns can play first grade.
As long as it’s all has been approved by the NRL then he can be named next week.

Back