• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

20 metre re start by edwards . Doesn’t the ref ALWAYS make sure defending team is on side? How many times weekly do we watch games & the ref calls the player back when taking a quick tap
No they don’t. As long as all their players are beyond the 20 then they are good to go.

The ref will call them back if they don’t play on the spot or they have players in front of the 20.

I really think the 200 game thing was a distraction to his concentration. That first drop ball when Cam sent it back to him hoping he'd scoot up the middle set the tone for the night. Whether it was adrenaline, trying too hard or just lack of concentration is anyone's guess. He was off and just couldn't refocus. All the shenanigans with JD and the added pressure on the team as a whole had to have an impact. He and his team mates can all say that it doesn't affect them but I call BS...it affected and consumed our focus and we are just supporters with no real direct involvement or ability to influence the outcomes.
I know Cronk the Gronk called that offload from Cam silly cause Cook dropped it, but I loved it!! 100% Cook should have taken it and run another 20m downfield. What a different tone to the game that would have set.

20 metre re start by edwards . Doesn’t the ref ALWAYS make sure defending team is on side? How many times weekly do we watch games & the ref calls the player back when taking a quick tap
No, the defending team being onside is irrelevant. Its the attacking team they usually wait for

The quick tap was fine.. other than the fact he tapped it 21m out

Just like how penalty kicks for touch are taken 2-3m in front of the mark

But we only nitpick certain areas in this game and allow sloppiness everywhere else

I know Cronk the Gronk called that offload from Cam silly cause Cook dropped it, but I loved it!! 100% Cook should have taken it and run another 20m downfield. What a different tone to the game that would have set.
It was Host offloaded wasn’t it

Took a bit of a break from the forum over the weekend after the game and just caught up now.

I was bitterly disappointed with Thursday night. They went pretty well for about 60 minutes. I mean, we were playing Penrith, the defending premiers, and we trailed by just six with about 25 minutes to go. Granted, we weren't playing perfect Footy or anything, but I saw some signs. We were doing the little one-percenters better, our effort areas we better and the players looked like they actually wanted to be there which is a bit of a change from what we've got used to seeing recently.

But That last 25 minutes or so was back to the same old Souths that we've unfortunately come to know. The lack of energy and effort on the Taylan May try was one of the most disgraceful efforts I've seen in modern Rugby League. Sums up the game really and tells you everything you need to know about us at the moment.

I can't believe how we just let the game get away from us and crumble like that. I've heard some people say we didn't deserve the scoreline, but I disagree. When you're not fit enough and put in the lack of effort you did in the last 25 minutes, you deserve everything you get.

Another embarrassing game. We are so f**ked.

The Penrith game is nonsense.

We’re down in every aspect across the club.

Despite that, we put in a really committed performance against the league leaders the last 4 years (despite them being off).

But we aren’t in a position to deal with our 7 and 1 going down mid game at the moment.

Pretty much once Hawkins and Gray exit the game, we lost absolutely all direction in attack, kick defence, etc.

Took a bit of a break from the forum over the weekend after the game and just caught up now.

I was bitterly disappointed with Thursday night. They went pretty well for about 60 minutes. I mean, we were playing Penrith, the defending premiers, and we trailed by just six with about 25 minutes to go. Granted, we weren't playing perfect Footy or anything, but I saw some signs. We were doing the little one-percenters better, our effort areas we better and the players looked like they actually wanted to be there which is a bit of a change from what we've got used to seeing recently.

But That last 25 minutes or so was back to the same old Souths that we've unfortunately come to know. The lack of energy and effort on the Taylan May try was one of the most disgraceful efforts I've seen in modern Rugby League. Sums up the game really and tells you everything you need to know about us at the moment.

I can't believe how we just let the game get away from us and crumble like that. I've heard some people say we didn't deserve the scoreline, but I disagree. When you're not fit enough and put in the lack of effort you did in the last 25 minutes, you deserve everything you get.

Another embarrassing game. We are so f**ked.
I think the last 25 mins just shows how unfit we are, question is, how did we get like this?

I think the last 25 mins just shows how unfit we are, question is, how did we get like this?
Whej your leaders are said to be taking shortcuts (sam) I'd say it filters down. Look at guys like finucaan and the effect he has on squads.

Back