• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

Being absolutely honest I shake my head when I see Milne and Thompson offered as wingers.

How do Penrith, the Dogs etc find so many young speedsters who slot right into firsts and succeed.

****s my brain.

The sheer size of their nursery. St Mary’s to Bathurst and beyond

The sheer size of their nursery. St Mary’s to Bathurst and beyond
I think they were also ruthless about not keeping players who weren’t in their plans.

They moved on Mansour for the Lithgow flash (can’t think of his name), who was moved on / signed with the Tigers.

And a couple of others.

I do think we’ve held onto AJ a season too long, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

I personally think we're jumping at conclusions because we're getting beat. Now had we won a few more games I seriously doubt the subject of fitness would be brought up. So what about Parra, Newcastle ,Titans and numerous other teams that aren't setting the world on fire right now? Are they all unfit as well ? That would be a nice slice of all the people currently employed as trainers looking for new jobs if so. Unless we are present at all our training runs and are experts in these fields of employment , we have zero credibility in our opinions.
And if I was 90kg people wouldn't think I was fat.

yes we should, Anasta on 360 alluded to teams already doing this. Not sure of the extent
Teams have been doing this since Penrith came into the competition. It's just that now the Pathways program out there is much better at keeping them.

I hope JD turns it all around. We jag a win then we sack him anyway

I hope JD turns it all around. We jag a win then we sack him anyway
I don't understand that thought.

I want Souths and JD to go through undefeated from here and win the comp.

I don't get how you don't want success for Souths.

I’d love to see Duncan in the back row.

At least play him there in reserve grade FFS!

If he struggles on an edge, get him some game time there in the lower grades to hone his skills so he can strengthen his game.

To state the ****ing obvious, Tallis Duncan will never oust Murray at lock. Murray is the best lock in the NRL and will remain so for years to come. Duncan must evolve to play in the second row. The coaching staff must coach it!

What was the point of dropping Cook just so he could start the next game?

Given who is available, if it were up to me..

1. Jye Gray
2. Isaiah Tass
3. Jack Wighton
4. Izaac Tu'itupou Thompson
5. Jacob Gagai
6. Cody Walker
7. Dean Hawkins
8. Davvy Moale
9. Peter Mamouzelos
10. Jai Arrow
11. Keaon Koloamatangi
12. Tallis Duncan
13. Cameron Murray

14. Siliva Havili
15. Tom Burgess
16. Shaq Mitchell
17. Taane Milne

Reasoning:
- Moale IMO is the logical Tatola replacement - tradesman for tradesman
- Arrow to start prop. One of our best middles, there is no use hiding him, he's either fit or he isn't.
- Left side of Wighton and Tass
- Right side of Thompson (a centre) and Gagai (who plays on the right)
- Duncan left edge, get him in there
- Burgess and Shaq for impact/second-phase off the bench
- Havili to spell Murray
- Milne as a utility, can both both on an edge or in the middle, where required. If you want Host or Chee Kam there instead I won't argue.

Unavailable:
- L.Mitchell, Johnston, Munro, Graham, Ilias, Tatola, Te Hau, Kennar, Lovett, Fletcher (anyone else?)
I would prefer Milne over Host as a bench utility.

We have seen backs go down and at least he can slot straight in and we dont have to shift Murray out.

I love it how people on here are consistently saying this team is unfit. Did anyone attend every training session during pre-season ? Has anyone attended every training session or weights session since then ? So you see a few guys blowing during a game and you come to the conclusion the whole team is unfit. How many of you have actually trained with a first grade squad to come up with these wild accusations ? For comedy value the comments on here are worthy of The Mark Twain Prize. Keep em coming 🤣
Anyone can see we dont look fit.

We look slow, our line speed is non existant in defence and we dont support anyone with the ball when a break is made.

Teams constantly make big metres against us, we look way off the pace in every aspect.

Storm will be soo scared knowing that we are going to go one out up the middle with no passes then kick a hopeless kick with no chasers!! Oh, and we will have no idea what to do on their line, so we will throw some obvious crash balls! That'll scare 'em

Agreed, he’s easily one of our top 5-6 forwards available at the moment. Only Burgess, Arrow, Murray, Koloamatangis should be clearly ahead of him.

Quit blocking his progression playing him behind a guy that plays close to 80 minutes.

Get him some reps on an edge already where we have a weakness.
Agree except for Keaon. Potential through the roof, work rate and application abysmal! Lazy player. Rarely takes a hard run out of our end.

Duncan applies himself more in 15-20 minutes than Koloamatangi does in a whole game.

Should have been dropped against the Sharks with Tallis in.

Let’s see how he shapes up against Melbourne…..

Latest posts

Back