• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 7: Other Matches

Yes. It

Yes its clear you've missed my point. But as I said earlier that's ok.
I think I do get your point. We aren't dead yet, and the Roosters are less dead than we are, so there's cause for hope.
Phew, no need to worry.

Im not comparing performance. I am comparing points on the ladder.
Well you are - you were comparing the reactions of our supporters and media to us vs Rabbitohs and questioning why the greater negativity for us vs Roosters, as we are only 2 points behind them.
And I’m giving you the reason because our performances have been terrible.

I get it, the delta between where you are, and where you think you’re going to be.

It’s true that if you could flick a switch, all is not lost. It is still relatively early, and while you need a run on wins as good as our run of losses, the despair in a vacuum, is probably a tad embellished.

But you have last years second half on top of the current ladder. And the context of how we’ve performed in the losses to date. I don’t think Darque is discounting the reality of that.

There is certainly some projection informing people’s reaction though.

As with all things, we’ll know more regarding the extent of our spiral in the coming weeks.

I get it, the delta between where you are, and where you think you’re going to be.

It’s true that if you could flick a switch, all is not lost. It is still relatively early, and while round need a run on wins as good as our run of losses, the despair in a vacuum is probably a tad embellished.

But you have last years second half. And the context of how we’ve performed in the losses to date. I don’t think Darque is discounting the reality of that.

There is certainly some projection informing people’s reaction though.

As with all things, we’ll know more of the extend of the spiral in the next couple of weeks.

I can't help but laugh to be honest.

For all the panic driven wrist slashing from Souths fans, wanting everyone and their mothers to be sacked from Solly down, and totally writing off our season, here we are just two points behind the media's darling Roosters and competition favourites.
I don’t include the bye they’re 3 and 4 we are 1 and 5 we are two wins behind them.

Well you are - you were comparing the reactions of our supporters and media to us vs Rabbitohs and questioning why the greater negativity for us vs Roosters, as we are only 2 points behind them.
And I’m giving you the reason because our performances have been terrible.
I am aware of the reasons. Not my point.

Teddy charged with the trip on Paps. $750 fine

It’s a shame we’re so s**t this year, because the offseason favourites are flattering to deceive again. I said it at the start of the year, no point having this amazing backline if you have a fullback who hijacks your attack, an ageing Keary, a young half who drops in and out of first grade and a 9 who can’t control the tempo of a game. Sounds familiar

It's lucky the roosters can still defend or they would be with us right now

I can't help but laugh to be honest.

For all the panic driven wrist slashing from Souths fans, wanting everyone and their mothers to be sacked from Solly down, and totally writing off our season, here we are just two points behind the media's darling Roosters and competition favourites.

That is meant to make us feel better?

We should be top 4 or near abouts

It's lucky the roosters can still defend or they would be with us right now
Correct!! And what bugs me about them is that their middle defence is still so poor, but they have mastered the art of giving away a billion six agains on their own line because they know their won’t be a sin bin, and eventually most attacks in this league will make an error. Wish we tried the same

Dragons making the Warriors work hard here.

You can see how much the Dragons have improved this season. In past seasons they would have been well behind.

Back