• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 7: Other Matches

Yes - I fully acknowledge that I lead the PollyAnna party on here (vote 1 optimists unite) - but I’ve got this feeling that we will make a bit of a charge this season.

I think the addition of Furner to the coaching staff is a good signal, and as discussed in the other thread is a ready made caretaker if the Rabbitohs pull the pin on JD.

I also think that Latrell will come back from his suspension with a point to prove, and all being equal with Jye - will move closer to the action at 6.

While I happen to think that Jye will become our halfback at some point - and this is counter intuitive I grant you - but fullback is a great position to ease him into the game and get used to the bigger collisions and speed of the game.

This charge will happen after we are trounced by Melbourne and Penrith and JD exits stage left.

Falling 1 win outside the 8 of course, but a charge nonetheless.

Yes - I fully acknowledge that I lead the PollyAnna party on here (vote 1 optimists unite) - but I’ve got this feeling that we will make a bit of a charge this season.

I think the addition of Furner to the coaching staff is a good signal, and as discussed in the other thread is a ready made caretaker if the Rabbitohs pull the pin on JD.

I also think that Latrell will come back from his suspension with a point to prove, and all being equal with Jye - will move closer to the action at 6.

While I happen to think that Jye will become our halfback at some point - and this is counter intuitive I grant you - but fullback is a great position to ease him into the game and get used to the bigger collisions and speed of the game.

This charge will happen after we are trounced by Melbourne and Penrith and JD exits stage left.

Will depend on the caretaker. I highly doubt Hornby turns our season around. Although maybe he’s a coaching genius in waiting (not the vibe I get).

Will depend on the caretaker. I highly doubt Hornby turns our season around. Although maybe he’s a coaching genius in waiting (not the vibe I get).
He won’t be the caretaker.

No inside knowledge, just seems obvious to me that Furner will be the caretaker.

Reactions: Joe

With our luck we beat one of Melbourne or Penrith and JD is seen as a genious and retains his position.

I keep hoping that Latrell comes back with a point to prove, but I have thought that before. He does seem a bit fitter this year so here's hoping.

With our luck we beat one of Melbourne or Penrith and JD is seen as a genious and retains his position.

I keep hoping that Latrell comes back with a point to prove, but I have thought that before. He does seem a bit fitter this year so here's hoping.
I ain’t going to be complaining if we beat Melbourne or Penrith Andy!

My thoughts on Latrell are how he handled his suspension, rather than his physical fitness, which looks pretty good to me - but then I have NFI 🤣.

I truly think his actions - dumb as they were - came from frustration at how the team was performing, and how he was performing.

Anyhoo we’ll see.

Roosters fans ripping into Teddy.

Manu easily their best fullback but Teddy can't play anywhere else in the side.

Teddy hijacks their attack, he gets involved way too much and isn't the player he once was.
Good to see the rorters fans catching on to the bleeding obvious. Been an issue for years. Funnily, I thought his first few games this year, he actually took a bit more of a back seat and their backline started to work. But his team is now under pressure, so he thinks he has to do more, so he’s back to what he does best.

Lol, did he mention the Jennings knock on before the Manu try? Or the Collins knock on from the kick off? Or the late hit on Hughes that went unpunished before Munster was binned? Or the obstruction penalty that cost Melbourne a try, when it was Keary who made the defensive decision to tackle the lead runner?

Such a little sook.
We all knew how his press conference would go. Gloss over their performance and make the story about the poor decisions that went against them. Even though I didn’t think they were too bad.

The one thing being a sook does is deflects on the real issues and makes him untouchable. Must have been taking notes off Ricky in how to keep the pressure of the media off your back.

Roosters fans ripping into Teddy.

Manu easily their best fullback but Teddy can't play anywhere else in the side.

Teddy hijacks their attack, he gets involved way too much and isn't the player he once was.
I remember telling one of my customers who’s a Rooster fan their biggest issue is Teddy. She laughed at me. This was a couple of years ago.

Last year she was telling me their biggest problem was Teddy. I reminded her what I said to her. They were over him last year.
I can't help but laugh to be honest.

For all the panic driven wrist slashing from Souths fans, wanting everyone and their mothers to be sacked from Solly down, and totally writing off our season, here we are just two points behind the media's darling Roosters and competition favourites.
I’m guessing their fans would be losing it. If only the Knights didn’t play so poorly and beat them last week.

I can't help but laugh to be honest.

For all the panic driven wrist slashing from Souths fans, wanting everyone and their mothers to be sacked from Solly down, and totally writing off our season, here we are just two points behind the media's darling Roosters and competition favourites.
Sure wins are the final metric but Roosters are conceding 12 points a game and we are conceding 30+…..
We might be 2 points behind on the table but performance wise we are not even in the same league

We’ve still got ~6 losses up our sleeve. So Round 15 before our season is officially doomed. No early celebrating everyone.
We've got 5 losses, the Roosters have 4. I don't think they are wristing slashing yet.

We've got 5 losses, the Roosters have 4. I don't think they are wristing slashing yet.
I honestly don't get why you're comparing us to another under performing team. The fact that we are almost as shit as them is nothing to celebrate. Plus, they belted us.

He won’t be the caretaker.

No inside knowledge, just seems obvious to me that Furner will be the caretaker.
Ok, well I don’t think Furner has the ability to turn the squad around as a caretaker either. :)

Sure wins are the final metric but Roosters are conceding 12 points a game and we are conceding 30+…..
We might be 2 points behind on the table but performance wise we are not even in the same league
Im not comparing performance. I am comparing points on the ladder.

Yes. It
I honestly don't get why you're comparing us to another under performing team. The fact that we are almost as shit as them is nothing to celebrate. Plus, they belted us.
Yes its clear you've missed my point. But as I said earlier that's ok.

Back