• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

At the game it certainly looked forward live. It didn’t look to come out of the hands backwards. There were a couple of forward passes missed in previous plays to that as well.
Sadly we have to accept forward passes are going to be missed in every game, multiple times even.

Probably since 1908 it has been an issue.

It still hurts when you lose a match from a missed forward pass but I think swings and roundabouts until technology can determine the trajectory from the hands etc.

It was the timing of Cody’s put down to coincide with the natural flight of the ball that was most impressive. Watching him in slow motion, change speeds and attack at just the right moment was beautiful to watch. Like a cheetah taking down a gazelle in full flight.

Sadly we have to accept forward passes are going to be missed in every game, multiple times even.

Probably since 1908 it has been an issue.

It still hurts when you lose a match from a missed forward pass but I think swings and roundabouts until technology can determine the trajectory from the hands etc.
Refs have to make a call on the run. Unless there are blatant ones that travel a fair way forward we will have to accept that they will make mistakes.

Refs have to make a call on the run. Unless there are blatant ones that travel a fair way forward we will have to accept that they will make mistakes.
It seems obvious the ref received a call from the bunker, however it appears he penalised for the the wrong pass.

The forward pass was prior in the movement from DCE to Shuster.

It seems obvious the ref received a call from the bunker, however it appears he penalised for the the wrong pass.

The forward pass was prior in the movement from DCE to Shuster.
You could be right. Although I can understand why they called that pass forward on the run as well.

After watching a replay of the game, I thought the forward pass was the right call. Leaves Parker’s hands about 1m before the line, Schuster reaches forward to catch it about 1m over the line.

There’s also the fact that the referee was perfectly positioned to make his decision. He was right in line with it.

Because some flog commentator starts howling “no way is that forward” does not mean it wasn’t a forward pass.

Commentary and media in general regarding rugby league, just thrive on controversy. Their motto they live by, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Annesley has come out and said the ref made the wrong call in regards to that forward pass.

It was backwards out of the hands. Clear as day. 1st photo demonstrates it without doubt. Momentum carried it forward which is legit. Should have been play on. We'd all be blowing up if the same call went against us and cost us the game.

Yeah that pass was fine. That one was clearly backwards out of the hands.

Back