• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Cody will be the 6. So there’s that.

Gray or Mitchell still looking the most likely 1.

Whoever isn’t the 1 will likely be the 6 in 2025. Assuming Cody retires.
I’m still genuinely not convinced Cody will run around again next season

Cody will be the 6. So there’s that.

Gray or Mitchell still looking the most likely 1.

Whoever isn’t the 1 will likely be the 6 in 2025. Assuming Cody retires.

Not in my team and next year will be his last year, if he still ain't performing then he shouldn't be in the side.

Lucky to be in the side now

He was our best on the weekend. Get a new coach who can prepare a team for NRL footy and he’ll be fine.

Ive seen his instagram posts.

I hope he wants to prove everyone wrong.

I want him to succeed so bad.

He owes us. All of us.

He was our best on the weekend. Get a new coach who can prepare a team for NRL footy and he’ll be fine.

Each time I wanted to say Cody is looking good, he would do something straight after that was really stupid.

He was very rocks and diamonds last game, more rocks but it was probs hist best game of the season still.

Which ain't saying much for his form

For the record, I believe our playing record with Mitchell in the team since he arrived is 68 games for 46 wins? Given how poor we’ve been the last 12 months, that’s pretty positive. If you want to lament him being injured or suspended, sure.

Last edited:
For the record, I believe our playing record with Mitchell in the team since he arrived is 68 games for 45 wins? Given how poor we’ve been the last 12 months, that’s pretty positive. If you want to lament him being injured or suspended, sure.

Whats his win and lose rate under JD?

Whats his win and lose rate under JD?
Thinks it’s 22 of 39? Or 56%.

Think he was like 24 wins and 7 losses under Wayne. As a fullback. Which I think people gloss over because of injury, suspension and the JD era.

JD’s general win percentage is ~52%.

Last edited:
Latrell, like Cody, like Cook, like Keaon all dominate when things are in their favour. The team has momentum, the team has possession in the right parts of the field, the forwards are laying a platform etc.

What none of them do is roll the sleeves up and turn a game with an effort play and say come with me.

Latrell is definitely the pick of the bunch who will do that and has tried, albeit not always with the best choices.

Latrell’s issue is value for money based on time on field. Nothing else (in my opinion).

When he plays; he’s fine - sure there are parts of the nuanced fullback role he should be improving at - but even with that in mind it looks like he’s the best Fullback in our system (maybe Gray will change that soon but let’s see). We could chuck him in the centres but that’s an even bigger waste. He might look dangerous 100% of his runs each game but he’ll have 5 runs a game. If we have a better option to have a legit danger out the back we should move from FB. But even then, it’s not to centre.

I’m still keen to see him at 5/8 if he was to move.

Hawkins or whoever at halfback. I’d like to see Cody dropped. He might very well already know he’s been shit but perhaps it’s more about getting him back into form asap. Perhaps a game or two where he knows he’s better than his opponent he can dominate get some timing and swag back then come back.

😮‍💨

Back