• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 4: Other Matches

We are layers upon layers behind the top teams.

Cringe to think about tbh

Remember when Souths used to score tries like that?

Panthers were held to zero first week. Their attack since has just been next level.

Surely that was a try?

One time I see a Panthers player laying in the ruck, roosters score

shows how dumb our recruitment planning is

Panthers have two of the best halves in the game , in Cleary and JL , and they allowed their backup half to go to Dogs and they recruit a backup half who has a great game on debut to replace Cleary.

We have an aging Walker and now a question mark on Ilias , who is replace by an average Hawkins.
When Wayne was here , he recruited Nikorima as backup half even though we had a younger Walker and Reynolds and Taafe and Ilias as the developing halves. Wayne took Nikorima, we allowed Taafe to move on after never giving him a chance at half and we bought in Gray who looks the goods , though we never play him at half now and giving him more time in reserves. We should have bought in a seasoned half backup who can play . Sure Wighton can play in the halves , however we do not have a decent centre to replace him.

There is no doubt some hard questions need to be asked of our CEO.

I just hope these questions are being asked and then I hope we can implement the changes we NEED to BUILD the pathways to a consistently winning SSFC.

There is no doubt some hard questions need to be asked of our CEO.

I just hope these questions are being asked and then I hope we can implement the changes we NEED to BUILD the pathways to a consistently winning SSFC.

Im less harsh on the executive at this stage.

The coach has only been stale for less than 12 months. As long as they react appropriately when the time comes, no real dig there.

They’ve recently signed partnerships with 2 QLD feeder centres and they do seem to have more recently taken junior recruitment a more seriously. COVID was weird so I’m willing to cut slack there.

The club do have an identity/approach decision to make moving forward, I.e - how they are going to stock junior teams.

The South Sydney district is no longer adequate to be your sole pathway program.

But there is still a question of whether you target Matts and Ball aged juniors, or those closer to Flegg age. And there are more pros and cons there than people like to acknowledge. Whatever tact they choose, they just need to make sure the talent is there.

I feel like at the moment, we’re ignoring the Flegg age group completely.

The best talent play Ball, might spend a quick minute in Flegg later that year and then go straight to NSW Cup the following year.

Flegg has become a bit of a nursery for second tier prospect talent.

Back