• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 24: Other Matches

bigbopper

Immortal Member
Reaction score
The full draw for round 24 is:

Broncos vs Eels Thursday 7.50pm

Panthers vs Warriors Friday 6.00pm

Storm vs Roosters Friday 7.55pm

Raiders vs Eagles Saturday 3.00pm

Sharks vs Bulldogs Saturday 5.30pm

Rabbits vs Cowboys Saturday 7.35pm

Tigers vs Dragons Sunday 2.00pm

Titans vs Knights Sunday 4.05pm

Please put all team news, scores and discussion here.

Cheers

hard one this week depending on our result :/ but games that matter are before ours.

I guess it is what it is. Ideally broncos, us, raiders and storm would be best result.

But currently I’m in preservation mode in case we lose so eels storm eagles would be good before our game

Quite simple this week. Win and we are in the 8. Win the following week and we have a home semi final. The only result we would need to get into 5th would be Parramatta to lose one out of the Broncos or Storm.

Roosters are in the same boat as us. I actually think they may beat the Storm. I know we hate to admit it but they are in some form now.

Who knows what way the Broncos and Parra game goes. Even with one win of their final 2 games the Broncos aren’t safe. There is a bit of a gap with points differential between them and the Raiders but another big loss would be interesting.

Parra are another still not safe. Lose this one and they have the Storm in the final round. I know they have troubled them a couple of times recently. But a big loss could close that points differential.

Raiders missed a huge opportunity today to close the gap on points differential. They need to really put a score on Manly. I have to say the Manly side that played against the Roosters showed more than when the 7 came back.

I really believe the best hope for the Raiders is for either the Roosters or we lose both our games.

While our fate is in our own hands, win and we cannot be caught, we'll be watching all the games leading up to our match hoping for a good result - surely we can get one or two. The first is a win by the Eels. That gives the Broncos a dangerous away game against the Dragons who are still trying. Obviously we want the Roosters to go down. Then the big one (before the really big one) - can Manly pull off a miracle and beat the Raiders? Cherry-Evans and Foran will have to play out of their skin.

Then it might all come down to Saturday night.

Cheers

Although watching the Raiders win frustrated me and now keeps us waiting at least another week to know if we will be playing finals, I also thought that if we can’t win one of the next 2 games we wouldn’t be doing anything in the finals anyway.

The interesting thing is we could possibly end up with 5 teams on 30 points as well. Parra lose both their games whilst the Broncos lose to the Dragons. Raiders win remaining 2 games and both us and Roosters win one and lose one.

That would put us in 6th spot with a home semi against Parra more than likely.

I really don’t know what Parra side will show up this week. Knowing them they will probably be smashed by the Broncos and then come out the week after and beat the Storm.

hard one this week depending on our result :/ but games that matter are before ours.

I guess it is what it is. Ideally broncos, us, raiders and storm would be best result.

But currently I’m in preservation mode in case we lose so eels storm eagles would be good before our game
Don’t want the Raiders over Manly, doesn’t advantage us at all. Would be great to know the Raiders are gone and we are clear into the 8 before we play the Cowboys.
Leave it to the Storm to halt the Eels in round 25, we beat the Roosters and we draw level with the Eels on 32 points but with a far superior f/a so would jump them into 5th spot.

Last edited:
If we are any hope of making the grand final this year we have to beat two form teams the cowboys and the roosters..we do that our confidence will be where it needs to be for the semies

After the Dragons loss I hoped we’d finish the year undefeated.

The realist in me said we’d (ideally) drop two games.

I assumed those would be the Storm and Panthers.

Given the circumstances of the Sharks and Panthers losses, it stings a little to have not been undefeated, but there’s still a chance to finish the season very respectably.

People are picking both our next two opponents to make some noise in the finals. We get a chance in the next fortnight to knock both out and hopefully finish 5th.

Get to it boys.

Funny how the Sunday games for the last two weeks are the match-ups that don't count for anything.

Reactions: VIP
Funny how the Sunday games for the last two weeks are the match-ups that don't count for anything.
I’ve actually got tickets to check out the new stadium. I don’t think I’ll be rushing back home to watch those games.

I'm looking forward to Easts vs Melbourne - one pack of bastards will lose (yes I realise that one will win).

Cheers
Very much looking forward to this game as well as the Broncos and Parra match.

It's going to be a good couple of weeks of footy all round!

The Storm are our friend for the next fortnight.
Flattening the Roosters and halting the Eels would be massive for Souths campaign.
They will be up for the Roosters game for sure.

Back