• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 20: Rabbitohs v Sharks

Imo fifita deserves #10 I can't wait to see him belt some big lads in the semis. He got a bit of starch in him, when we get Sam back as forwards coach I expect our forwards to go up another level.

Tatola is outstanding, getting some real good footwork in him, wouldn't look out of place in the back row if we ever needed it.
Tatola is a beast and he's only 25. He's not even at his best yet.

He iced countless games for us. You can’t take it away from him as much as you want.
Definitely not taking it away from him. But just pointing out that it’s not guaranteed he gets them either.

Latrell set up AJ’s try. He is the spark in our attack. I bet you were saying “Come on Latrell!” during key moments but you didn’t say that about anyone else!

Speaks for itself!
I'm always saying - come on Cookie, come on Cody, Come on Cam - especially for a one on one strip etc etc,

Reading through the posts I see a lot of where was Latrell tonight comments

To answer that question’he was in the centres’and this was the largest contributing factor in the loss

JDs made quite a few blunders this year with selections, interchange use and tactics

But moving Latrell from fullback was his biggest

It totally through out our structures and shapes and changed the whole way we attacked

Nikorima at times got lost on plays and missed his assignments

In tight matches you want your best player to get his hands on the ball as much as possible not standing in the centres

We also need to work on our shapes on the last

Ilia’s, Cody and Trell need to form a triangle is they aren’t going to run it so there’s numerous options if the first choice gets rushed

There’s still a lot of work to do before the finals

The good news is apart from a full strength Penrith the rest of the 8 are average to rubbish

Had we stayed composed and played our structures on Saturday night we would of win by 40

He’s a smart footballer though. You need that in finals. I don’t see DSF as a barnstormer like his cousins….

Reading through the posts I see a lot of where was Latrell tonight comments

To answer that question’he was in the centres’and this was the largest contributing factor in the loss

JDs made quite a few blunders this year with selections, interchange use and tactics

But moving Latrell from fullback was his biggest

It totally through out our structures and shapes and changed the whole way we attacked

Nikorima at times got lost on plays and missed his assignments

In tight matches you want your best player to get his hands on the ball as much as possible not standing in the centres

We also need to work on our shapes on the last

Ilia’s, Cody and Trell need to form a triangle is they aren’t going to run it so there’s numerous options if the first choice gets rushed

There’s still a lot of work to do before the finals

The good news is apart from a full strength Penrith the rest of the 8 are average to rubbish

Had we stayed composed and played our structures on Saturday night we would of win by 40
Just on that. I feel having Kennar in the 14 right now is a better choice than Nicorima. We need a sub who can cover Centre and Wing . Pretty sure we have the halves covered with Latrell or Murray quite capable of moving to 6 and AJ could slot in at fullback if needed. The Centre and Wing positions have become a crucial position now with defensive structures.

Definitely not taking it away from him. But just pointing out that it’s not guaranteed he gets them either.
nothing is guaranteed

22 field goals in his career so far
Same as Joey
More than Thurston, Cronk and Lockyer

Haha thanks. I'm just as disappointed as anyone for us losing that one when we had clear shots in front of the post. What I quickly remembered however, was that I've felt that in previous seasons before as well. Even when Reyno was in the team we could never seem to ice those field goals in golden point. Just don't want to see whinging about what could've been when we experienced "what could have been" for 10 years previously and Reyno only came up with the extra time winning field goal once.

I wonder if there's bad blood from their time together here?

Player of the Game Round 20: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/08/01/player-of-the-game-round-20/

Cranky Cody brushes Sharks star in firey end to thriller: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/47a2dfd1f67f2ded6cf839e0d529ed80

Not too happy with that from Cody, it's bad sportsmanship. We'd all be blowing up if someone like Luai did this to one of our players so even if he is one of our own, Cody deserves to cop some criticism for that.
He shook his hand and said something along the lines of "game bra" but Cam said something extra so he got quickly pushed aside. It's no worse than Cronk vs Smith but cause it's Cody the brainless blow up.

Player of the Game Round 20: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/08/01/player-of-the-game-round-20/

Cranky Cody brushes Sharks star in firey end to thriller: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/47a2dfd1f67f2ded6cf839e0d529ed80

Not too happy with that from Cody, it's bad sportsmanship. We'd all be blowing up if someone like Luai did this to one of our players so even if he is one of our own, Cody deserves to cop some criticism for that.
You really didn’t see him shake his hand?

My long view back is that golden point is not the ideal situation to kick a drop goal - there is way too much leniency in the ruck policing compared to main game. Your better to kick tactically if you can and attack from wherever you are on tackle 3

My long view back is that golden point is not the ideal situation to kick a drop goal - there is way too much leniency in the ruck policing compared to main game. Your better to kick tactically if you can and attack from wherever you are on tackle 3
Golden point is pathetic. Should be golden try. Field goals and penalty goals can count but don't end the game. If one team is in front after extra time, they win. If a team scores a try during extra time then the game ends and that team wins.

It's silly watching both teams run the required 60 odd metres to get into range, take a pot shot, miss and repeat until someone finally nails one. All while the policing of the ruck and the ten metres goes out the window.

Latest posts

Back