• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 19: Rabbitohs v Storm

Oh, it still feels oh so good to get one over the Storm!

I know it's already been a few days, but you don't get to enjoy a win against the Melbourne Storm all that often!

Could Tass be the one to drop out when Campbell returns or will it be Cartwright?
I know Tass missed that tackle with Cody just before halftime but didn’t miss a beat in the second half. We have a centre with the ability to contest kicks. We have scored 2 tries from him doing this. Can’t see him being dropped.
Sorry, I wanted to mention Jaxson Paulo. Looking every bit a first grader over the last month. He's going really well.
Over the previous 2 years I have noticed that Paulo has started slow. As he gets more game time is when he starts hitting his straps. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Jed will be our second rower on the bench. Basically he fills the hole that Host has left. Geez he was unreal tonight.
JD has mentioned this in an interview. The plan was to have him on the bench. He said having him on the bench would allow him to move Jai to the middle.
Sele must come into the 17 when he's fit. He will be a major bonus in the semis. Who he replaces I have no idea?
It’s a great headache to have. I really like how they are developing Davvy this year. I do think with his limited minutes Sele does come in. I would personally like for Nikorima to make way. But can’t see JD going that way.

Cartwright would also be on the bench when Campbell is back. Havili has been too good this year to be dropped. He has exceeded everyone’s expectations this year. Don’t think I ever remember him being this good for the Raiders.

That was an impressive win. With how many times we have gone close in recent times they always manage to get one over us. Usually it has been Munster.

Defensively we were where we need to be. You could see the energy was there from the start. I thought the score line flattered the Storm. The missed goals didn’t help.

The best part of that game for me was that Latrell and Cody weren’t the stand outs. I know Latrell did have some good stats by the end of the game but still he wasn’t as dominant as he has been in recent weeks.

That kick that he put through for AJ. That deserved a try. Just half a bounce too big. To do that on zero tackle though.

In recent weeks our forward pack have dominated the Storm, Parra and even a depleted pack dominated the Knights. Is this pack the most underrated in the competition?

Another thing that impressed me was that we didn’t get frustrated like we have previous games against them where they would slow down the play the ball.

I don't know the stats but to me watching the game, Tatola has gone up a gear in the last few weeks.
Agreed.

He was running hard in his first sting - I was very impressed.

Latest posts

Back