• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

Hard to sleep after a win. The crowd although more Parra fans it sounded like more of us.

If we were told after Magic Round that the next 5 games we would have Gagai, Kennar and Milne make up 3/4 of our three quarter line you wouldn’t have us winning 5 in a row.

Credit has to go to these guys and the efforts they are putting in. Playing a great support role. That try saver by Kennar where he came from nowhere to intercept the ball.

There is no way we win that game earlier in the season. This is a changed footy team. Parra threw everything at us.
Is that considered NRL era? Perhaps it’s NSWRL era……

Either way it’s semantics. It is very nice to see effort, dedication and desperation in defence. The turn around is the opposite of dropping off the cliff last year. Hopefully the rise lasts at least as long as the decline or longer…

That doesn’t seem right at all. Just went to look back at the 89 season. In a 5 week sequence there we conceded 26 points in 5 games. That’s if I’m reading what you’re saying correctly.

If we kept them to 10 then it would have been 34 points conceded the previous 4 games.
It was quoted NRL era in the telecast, not all time. Awesome turnaround though - real energy out there now.

It seems apparent that the WB factor has given the team a boost mentally...but ... our defensive line looks so much better and combinations are rebuilding in attack. Team selection is good. That all takes hands on coaching. So hats off to Hornby and Furner and other staff.
It wouldn't surprise me if other clubs start showing some real interest in Ben Hornby in future...hope the stay away!

Losing Latrell and Murray is going to be tough for the Dolphins game but they also lose the Hammer and maybe Felise?
Hammer yes. Marshall King, and Gilbert and Flegler injured obviously.

And yeah, perhaps Kaufusi if he holds his spot.

It’s a solid team still. Something like:

Fuller, Isaako, Averillo, Farnworth, Niu, Nikorima, Katoa, Bromwich, whoever plays 9, Bromwich, Lemuelu, Aitken and Plath.

Gray, Johnston, Milne, Kennar, Gagai, Wighton, Walker, Moale, Cook, Keppie, Arrow, Chee Kam, Koloamatangi.

Away from home, toss a coin really.

It was quoted NRL era in the telecast, not all time. Awesome turnaround though - real energy out there now.
Ok that makes more sense. As I was at the game I didn’t hear the commentary. Was just going off what was posted.

Still a very impressive period for us defensively.

Hammer yes. Marshall King, and Gilbert and Flegler injured obviously.

And yeah, perhaps Kaufusi if he holds his spot.

It’s a solid team still. Something like:

Fuller, Isaako, Averillo, Farnworth, Niu, Nikorima, Katoa, Bromwich, whoever plays 9, Bromwich, Lemuelu, Aitken and Plath.

Gray, Johnston, Milne, Kennar, Gagai, Wighton, Walker, Moale, Cook, Keppie, Arrow, Chee Kam, Koloamatangi.

Away from home, toss a coin really.
The Dolphins have had a couple of close losses then the Dragons debacle. A week off will help them and also playing at Redcliffe.

We are playing full of confidence at the moment. This is the game we need to get through.

I did see someone say that Plath would play Hooker. Not sure how he will go there, but that would hurt them with how well he has been playing at lock.

Walking outside the ground last night a Parra fan was walking the other direction looked at me and said “F South Sydney”

All I started to do was laugh at him. He yelled out a few more abusive words incoherently as he was walking the other direction.

I love seeing Parra struggling. I never forget Fitzgerald’s ad in the paper for our last game.

I also never forget seeing him after a Wollongong Wolves game against the Parramatta Power back in 2000. I was proudly wearing my Rabbitohs jersey. (I guess that’s where the trend started and I was well ahead of my time 🤪)

Anyway on the previous weekend I learned of an incident that happened with him up on the Gold Coast.

He was mouthing off about George Piggins. Little did he know John Sattler was behind him and overheard. John tapped him on the shoulder and called him out telling him to say it to his face otherwise don’t talk behind his back. Then told him if he wanted to say anything else we could go outside and talk about it.

Let’s just say that Fitzgerald did his best impersonation of looking like Casper.

At that Wolves game he was walking down some stairs and laughing at me in the Souths jersey. I simply responded to him you weren’t laughing like that last week when John Sattler had words to you.

You should have seen how quickly his face dropped. A couple of his mates couldn’t stop laughing at him.

Walking outside the ground last night a Parra fan was walking the other direction looked at me and said “F South Sydney”

All I started to do was laugh at him. He yelled out a few more abusive words incoherently as he was walking the other direction.

I love seeing Parra struggling. I never forget Fitzgerald’s ad in the paper for our last game.

I also never forget seeing him after a Wollongong Wolves game against the Parramatta Power back in 2000. I was proudly wearing my Rabbitohs jersey. (I guess that’s where the trend started and I was well ahead of my time 🤪)

Anyway on the previous weekend I learned of an incident that happened with him up on the Gold Coast.

He was mouthing off about George Piggins. Little did he know John Sattler was behind him and overheard. John tapped him on the shoulder and called him out telling him to say it to his face otherwise don’t talk behind his back. Then told him if he wanted to say anything else we could go outside and talk about it.

Let’s just say that Fitzgerald did his best impersonation of looking like Casper.

At that Wolves game he was walking down some stairs and laughing at me in the Souths jersey. I simply responded to him you weren’t laughing like that last week when John Sattler had words to you.

You should have seen how quickly his face dropped. A couple of his mates couldn’t stop laughing at him.
Fitzgerald was, and is a ****.

I knew his sister (from touch footy), and even she didn’t like him!

(Unfortunately his sister died of cancer way too young, leaving young kids behind. She was salt of the earth and greatly missed by her family and friends).

Not sure I believe that, Kempy. You said Fitzgerald had mates. Clearly BS. 😜

While watching last night I was musing about our turn around and how the admin deserve kudos for taking the right steps to get us back on track. The weak coach has gone, the leaks have stopped, they appointed the right interim who deserves the most credit, hired a good defensive coach who is doing a great job, the players are happy, LM is in mongrel mode, the huge defensive improvements particularly in individuals like Kenner, Gagai and Milne have all contributed in putting us in the headline for the right reasons. I know there will be comments about how they waited too long, or the personal dislikes of the CEO blah blah blah however right now the club is on the right foot and everyone from the CEO, front office, the coaches, ancillary staff and players deserve credit.

Great to see the improved performances of every member of the team but i feel a bit sorry for Illias , would have liked to see how he went under a different coach, hoping he comes good and stays and gets a chance somewhere at Souths.

Would love to know how many Dally M points Keaon has picked up in the last 5 or so weeks.

Back