• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Rabbitohs extend contract of Davvy Moale until at least the end of season 2025

You think it just happens on this forum?

Pretty naive then.

No, I think it was a single fan wanting to talk up a player from our team enthusiastically and once again, you, have to belittle that person.

Lately people on here get more kudos for attacking our players than they do for supporting them, and hence I say this place is poisonous.

No one is above criticism, but surely even you know your comment is just not ****ing needed in a re-signing thread.

Anyway. He's young enough that he still qualifies for Jersey Flegg this year.

He is already a class above NSW Cup, and he's only 36 games into his NRL career as a prop.

IMO once he gets used properly (as a high work-rate prop as opposed to an impact forward), and as more time passes, he should be a mainstay in the 17 for many years.

No, I think it was a single fan wanting to talk up a player from our team enthusiastically and once again, you, have to belittle that person.

Lately people on here get more kudos for attacking our players than they do for supporting them, and hence I say this place is poisonous.

No one is above criticism, but surely even you know your comment is just not ****ing needed in a re-signing thread.

This isn't a new signing.

The thread is from 2022, the fact that someone dragged the thread up from the dead and then says it's D day for a 21 year old prop is just stupid.

He got plenty of years in front of him.

Secondly I ain't bagging Davy, I'm saying people shouldn't compare young players to super stars because it builds unfair expectations and can put pressure on a player to live up to those expectations.

Do you seriously believe it's D day for Davy tomorrow?

He’s like Payne Haas in the sense he played 30+ NRL games as a prop prior to turning 21. That’s a small club.

Obviously Payne has gone on to be a top 5 prop in the game and a bit of a freak of a physical specimen.

Time will tell how much impact Davvy can add to his game as a ~24/25 year old, still 3 years away.

Because it was unfair on Davy to put that expectation on him and having fans expecting that he would be that good leads to fans turning on him like that idiot captainsutto did

Another quality response from you. I’m clearly living rent free😆😆

Narcissist😆😆

If you think this place is actually poisonous you sure drink a lot of it 😂

Guilty as charged :D.

Look, I really do understand that at the moment, entirely our clubs fault, there is an overwhelming air of negativity, anger and even embarrassment about where we are at as a club and team.

So it can get vexxing when in threads, albeit, old ones, we have negativity which seems unnecessarily catty.

In regards to Payne Haas though, when he was 21, his broncos collected the wooden spoon.

Because it was unfair on Davy to put that expectation on him and having fans expecting that he would be that good leads to fans turning on him like that idiot captainsutto did
I love how we think what we what post here makes any difference to a player ……or the team……

I love how we think what we what post here makes any difference to a player ……or the team……

You think it only exists on a forum than you're silly.

If you don't think putting high expectations on someone at a young age doesn't put pressure on them to perform then you must be living with your head in the sand or something throughout your life.

Not all would be able to handle it, take Trell for example, there was a time where he said he wouldn't play for Souths because the expectations of him to be Greg Inglis would be there and it's not something he wanted.

League just isn't a physical game, it's a mental game as well.

I'll give you another obvious example, forget the pride forum, the world is much bigger than this place, but with the media going after Souths, it's players and coach etc

Do you think it has some baring on their form or do you actually believe they just block out all negative media stories and ignore it?

Because if you believe that then you must believe in the tooth fairy.

After meeting his mum a couple of times and chatting to her at the airport yesterday I don’t think there would be anyone putting more pressure on him than her. She is one funny lady.

After meeting his mum a couple of times and chatting to her at the airport yesterday I don’t think there would be anyone putting more pressure on him than her. She is one funny lady.

I was going to make that as part of my example, parents putting pressure on their children or trying to live their life through them.

I was going to make that as part of my example, parents putting pressure on their children or trying to live their life through them.
I dunno but in this case is Moale the “golden ticket” for the whole family?

Latest posts

Back