• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Our Elimination Number Is Still 2

Shots fired.
I don't know about shots fired.I love Madge , but the facts are right there. He got the gig and he'll need to pull his finger out to keep it. Not picking Latrell to start with wasn't a great start. Imagine if it was our recent ex-coach. This place would be in meltdown already....lol

Last edited:
10 games left after the bye. First 5 easier than the last 5. We can only afford two losses.

If I’m Hornby I’m going for broke in that first 5 games. If we go 4/5 or 5/5 then we’re some hope. Last 5 games of the year are tough but we’ll be playing mainly top 5 teams who’ll be focused on finals so anything becomes possible.

Win the next 5 then have a pause and refocus.

You’d have to think Parra becomes the first team eliminated now. They can’t make finals from where they are.

We are still hanging in

I can’t believe we currently sit on equal points with the Broncos. If the Raiders lose to the Knights by 7 or more we will jump them on the ladder.

It’s hard to believe that after the Magic Round loss that we are still having this conversation. Lose one of the next 4 games and we can kiss the dream goodbye I would say.

Defeat the Dolphins, Tigers and Raiders. Get to 9 wins, 9 losses. Then I'll start to believe.

For now, I'm just enjoying the wins, and moreover our defensive resolve.
That’s definitely where it starts to get interesting. After the Raiders game, assuming the streak is still in tact.

Defeat the Dolphins, Tigers and Raiders. Get to 9 wins, 9 losses. Then I'll start to believe.

For now, I'm just enjoying the wins, and moreover our defensive resolve.
I think we need to beat the Sharks as well in this run for me to believe. Having to play the Storm, Roosters and Panthers in that run home needing to beat 2 of them is that bit too hard for my liking. Having only needing to beat one of them gives me hope.

I think we need to beat the Sharks as well in this run for me to believe. Having to play the Storm, Roosters and Panthers in that run home needing to beat 2 of them is that bit too hard for my liking. Having only needing to beat one of them gives me hope.
The dare to dream part of us making the finals is that IF you managed it, you can 100% go deep into the post season.

Because to get there, you’ll have likely beaten 3rd, 5th and one of 1st, 2nd or 4th.

At which point, you’re most certainly a contender.

Likely with better form leading into finals than any team in the comp.

This comp is the lowest standard it's been since probably 2018 (in terms of stand-out premiership favourites), and the fact we might miss out on the finals and a real chance by a win or two would really hurt.

This comp is the lowest standard it's been since probably 2018 (in terms of stand-out premiership favourites), and the fact we might miss out on the finals and a real chance by a win or two would really hurt.
Yeah. I think Bellamy remarked that 2021 was one that got away from the Storm. He felt that comp was open for the taking.

Yeah. I think Bellamy remarked that 2021 was one that got away from the Storm. He felt that comp was open for the taking.
I can cop 2021. Penrith, Melbourne and Souths were all that good, they all probably win in any other season in the past 10 years. Just freakish they all did so well at the same time. To have a 20-4 record and finish third was crazy. Only one team could win that year.

I can also cop 2013, because we won the next season, otherwise we truly bottled that year.

But 2018 is it for me. One win between 1st and 8th. The Roosters were actually pretty poor for a lot of that year, they just put 8 good weeks in at the end to win it.

Siebold's pigheadedness in the finals totally cost us a premiership. Watching us concede crucial tries when backs ran past tired forwards in the back end of halves, while we only used 15 or 16 men for the game... madness.

Latest posts

Back