• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Our Elimination Number Is… We’ve Still Got A Loss Up Our Sleeve

I say it’s 1, but I guess it’s actually still 2. In that while we can only afford to lose one more, 2 losses is the actual elimination number (history being anything to go by).

I say it’s 1, but I guess it’s actually still 2. In that while we can only afford to lose one more, 2 losses is the actual elimination number (history being anything to go by).
It was over the minute Trell was out sadly any slim hope we had evaporated.

Sadly that was a game we needed to win. Whilst we could afford to drop 2 games we have tougher games coming up than the Dolphins. This means we need to win 2 out of the Storm, Panthers and Roosters. That includes not dropping another game.

It was fun while it lasted and it’s great that they have gone on this run that gave us some sort of hope. Reality is it was just too big an ask.

I’m just grateful that we are unlikely to pick up the spoon and will finish at the top of the bottom 4 (or is it 5 now).

We all knew that our season was done and dusted at the Round 10 mark.

Oh well, there’s always next year 😉

We could always finish 9th and not be in the top half of the ladder or bottom half of the ladder like last year.

Finishing as high up as possible is still something to get out of bed for.

9-11 would be nice considering the issues with the season.

I’m just grateful that we are unlikely to pick up the spoon and will finish at the top of the bottom 4 (or is it 5 now).
Tigers could very well beat the Sharks again, and the Eels are due a win over the Titans.

If those happen we're only 1 win ahead of the three teams beneath us.

Still need to keep winning.

Next week's game against the Tigers will tell us everything we need to know.

I think we could still lose two and make it… Need to erase our horrible for and against though. Need to start by running up a score on the Tigers next week

I think part of the reason we started winning again is the lack of finals pressure (and new coach). I abandoned any hope of finals a while ago, but very much enjoying the ride while we get some form back.

I think part of the reason we started winning again is the lack of finals pressure (and new coach). I abandoned any hope of finals a while ago, but very much enjoying the ride while we get some form back.
I think it's:
- Bounce back after JD left
- The background presence of Bennett
- Fixing, and competing on, our kicking game
- The drop in opponent quality
- The wet weather slowing our opposition down, particularly the backs. The dry track the other day again exposed our weakness out wide and in behind the ruck (their dummy halves were doing to us what the other good teams were doing earlier in the season)

We have definitely, 100% changed our defensive structure as well. Guessing this is a Furner thing rather than a Hornby thing as it changed almost immediately after Furner arrived.

With the change in structure, the attitude also improved. We show 100x more commitment in the last 6 or 7 weeks then we did for the first 10 or so rounds.

Latest posts

Back