• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Officially the year from hell

Well we will get to see if the hype Tallis Duncan receives on here is justified now he will be getting an extended run in first grade before he injures himself.

What exactly has Blake Solly got to do with the High Performance team’s performance or lack thereof?

I’m all for holding people at the club to account - but let’s focus on the right ones, rather than just flailing about wildly.

Brock is/was responsible for football operations, including recruitment and retention.
Ello is head of football, including recruitment and retention.
Croll is responsible for high performance.
JD was Head Coach and was on the recruitment/retention committee.

And while I happen to agree we look unfit in our games, a lot of our injuries are things that are not in the HP team’s control.

Ty re-broke his collarbone - yes they could’ve given him more time and then he could’ve rebroken it anyway.
Jai - shoulder injury
Jye - syndesmosis because of foul play
Lachy - broken leg due to foul play
Tats - broken foot
Campbell - sternum operation (yes, yes woulda coulda shoulda, but he needed a major operation).
Liam - heart issues.
Dean - ruptured quad tendon / something like that.
Cam - Hip pointer in the game.
Latrell - brain explosion
Taane - see Latrell

(Probably missed a couple).

The spate of calf injuries should be laid at the feet of the HP team no doubt.

It’s just all piling on top of us at the moment. Our poor performances are being compounded with having 16-17 of our top 30 out.

And we have people that should have been playing maybe 5 games of 1st grade, playing extended stints.

Oh well, there’s always next year 😏

It’s just all piling on top of us at the moment. Our poor performances are being compounded with having 16-17 of our top 30 out.

And we have people that should have been playing maybe 5 games of 1st grade, playing extended stints.

No excuse according to some here🥴

Send him an email and tell him to sack Croll and others in high performance.

Clean out needed.
I’m sure you’re able to do that. At the same time I don’t think you will need to worry too much about needing to tell him that.

No use getting rid of them now. The damage is done. Can’t see them getting someone in this late. But there isn’t a scenario where they last beyond the end of the season.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they also look at brining Eddie Farah back.

I’m sure you’re able to do that. At the same time I don’t think you will need to worry too much about needing to tell him that.

No use getting rid of them now. The damage is done. Can’t see them getting someone in this late. But there isn’t a scenario where they last beyond the end of the season.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they also look at brining Eddie Farah back.

Damage was done with JD but we got rid of him.

Getting rid of Croll and co now ASAP should be the next step.

Plenty of people in the industry and it's never to late to get fit, if they start new and better training programs today then we are much better off in the long run and for next season then starting them in the next off season.

It should be a priority for the club because it will probs take longer than an offseason to undo the damage.

Reactions: CCR
I'm betwixt and between on this latest news.

OTOH - which God have we offended...because our injury toll is next ****ing level. I mean we lost 3 spine players (I know Cam plays 13 but he's in our spine) in 1 game - all with long term injuries (6 weeks to basically the season).

OTOH - I truly think Cam needs a bit of time away from the game. I've been increasingly worried about his mental state and his game has suffered this year...he's making silly errors and seems to be constantly struggling.
I think he needs a break, refresh himself and get back into a better headspace.

It's not like we're making the finals.
I agree. He looks shattered these last few weeks. Terrible for the team to be losing him this long but hopefully its a good thing for Murray to get away from it for a while

Damage was done with JD but we got rid of him.

Getting rid of Croll and co now ASAP should be the next step.

Plenty of people in the industry and it's never to late to get fit, if they start new and better training programs today then we are much better off in the long run and for next season then starting them in the next off season.

It should be a priority for the club because it will probs take longer than an offseason to undo the damage.
It’s too late now meaning the damage of having most of our squad missing for long periods means they won’t be available anyway.

As if it would take longer than the offseason to undo the damage.

It’s too late now meaning the damage of having most of our squad missing for long periods means they won’t be available anyway.

As if it would take longer than the offseason to undo the damage.

Takes more than a few months to get into shape.

Like someone saying they want a summer body but only start training in October thinking they will have the body they want by December.

Waiting another 7 months makes no sense, I rather a 7 month head start now thanks

Plus I'll add, we could avoid more injuries throughout this season as well with those clowns gone now.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCR
Bring in Scott Geddes and his crew...Scott knows what is needed for football fitness. David Boyle another one that trains the NRL refs not rocket science. Get fit for purpose professionals to get fit for purpose.

It's good news and bad news:

Good news - we're actually in the comp

Bad news - we might as well not be.

I can deal with mediocrity and not being as good on the park as other clubs (I grew up with it) but I can't tolerate flat-out stupidity.

No excuse according to some here🥴
Some on here actually said if we keep flogging Cam this was odds on to occur

Same goes for Arrow will be amazed if his shoulder lasts the season, then if it does he gets surgery, misses the pre-season and starts next season slowly

Seriously have a look at the brains trust of the football department prior to JDs dismissal

Solly, Schaefer, Ellison and JD

Not one of them comes from a highly successful NRL franchise or have been ( in Ello’s case ) a position of power in a premiership winning side

They have NFI they have proven consistently then can win reserve grade competitions but that’s their ceiling

We need a Ponisi to start with and an O’Suvillian type gun recruitment manager

It's good news and bad news:

Good news - we're actually in the comp

Bad news - we might as well not be.

I can deal with mediocrity and not being as good on the park as other clubs (I grew up with it) but I can't tolerate flat-out stupidity.
With hindsight ( such a wonderful thing ) we as a Club made our bed and have to sleep in it. It doesn't mean that we don't take whatever steps (however drastic or left-field) to rectify it. We have sponsors, members and the rest of NRL community that we need to convince in order to salvage our reputation from being ridiculed and belittled. Never forget the joy of the Evil Axis at our exclusion and lack of success upon our return. They feared what we had become and this last 18 months of adversity and paucity of success is fanning those toxic, sarcastic and mocking sentiments again. We are South Sydney and we have faced adversity and overcome it. It is part of this Club's DNA to 'never say die' in honour of all the warriors who have bled and strived for the Cardinal and Myrtle of our jersey. Despite the ease of bickering and divisiveness flourishing as we try to steady the ship, we need to address the pathway forward to resuming our upward trajectory now that we are truly at rock bottom. Take the actions needed to remove the 'cancers' and save the patient. Lets find solutions and not just focus on recriminations and blame; no need as they are now totally obvious (again with hindsight). Glory, glory to South Sydney, South marches on, but this time to rectifying the damage and returning this Club to the successes and bright future that we have striven for over this last decade.

Takes more than a few months to get into shape.

Like someone saying they want a summer body but only start training in October thinking they will have the body they want by December.

Waiting another 7 months makes no sense, I rather a 7 month head start now thanks

Plus I'll add, we could avoid more injuries throughout this season as well with those clowns gone now.
I agree with starting fitness improvements now, and news is the club is discussing exactly that. This year is a write off so any player with an injury is being considered for early surgeries and clean outs etc..

I think that will be a great move by the club.

You don't take a bunch of players this unfit and get them up to NRL standard in one off off season, that's not how the body works unless you are penrith and have access to "special resources".

Back