• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

NRL 2023 Tipping, Fantasy & more!

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the kick off to the start of the 2023 NRL season draws closer, I thought it would be an opportune time to launch The Pride's tipping and fantasy competitions - as well as a new concept which may add a bit of extra flavour and fun!

Tipping Competition

This year's tipping competition will be operated via the NRL's website. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up by clicking here.

Once you have either created an account or logged in to your existing account, please click here to join The Pride's official tipping competition for 2023.

Fantasy Competition

This year's fantasy competition will be operated via the Daily Telegraph's Supercoach. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up by clicking here.

Once you have either created an account or logged in to your existing account, please click here to join The Pride's official fantasy competition for 2023.

Punter's Club (Premium)

As a bit of extra fun, I wanted to gauge if anyone would be interested in participating in a betting syndicate. Essentially, the buy in would be between $10-$20 and each member that opts to participate would select a leg for a weekly multi. The exact nature of how this operates would depend on how many members are interested in participating (therefore this is subject to change) and any winnings (should there be any) will be split equally at the end of the season.

A special board will be created for member's of the Punter's Club to discuss weekly bets and track progress.

If anyone is interested in this concept, please leave a message in this thread or send me a message via PM so I can determine whether it is worthwhile to pursue further.

Finally, I hear you asking 'what's up for grabs' in the tipping and fantasy competition? Well, bragging rights against every forum member of The Pride for starters! From this season onwards, you will also be rewarded with a custom banner under your username signifying your title as champion. I'm trying to rustle up some other prizes for these competitions as well, so I'll let you know if I manage to sort anything out on this front.

Looking forward to another year on the red and green rollercoaster!

Cheers,
RabbitJ

I domt play Supercoach mate I play NRL Fantasy I think Mega created a league and I always join amongst others.

Thanks mate they are all good ideas by the way. Count me in for the tipping comp too I’ll defs join.

No issue with a Tipping Comp or the Fantasy Comp.

However I don't agree with promoting gambling at all considering the damage it causes to society, it's up there with alcohol for societal damage to families. Especially when combined with that cruel gambling game (not a sport) known as horse racing that benefits from animal cruelty.

I'd like to think the Pride is above promoting anything like that.

However I don't agree with promoting gambling at all considering the damage it causes to society, it's up there with alcohol for societal damage to families. Especially when combined with that cruel gambling game (not a sport) known as horse racing that benefits from animal cruelty.

It’s just an idea and entirely optional. If you don’t agree, that’s absolutely fine.

LOL.

Seriously? Yes, problem gambling is a societal issue but I hardly think a buy in of $10-20 in a controlled environment will be problematic. This is hardly a place that promotes hardline sports betting.

I’m sure these posts will be deleted if this conversation continues, however, I’d be very interested to know whether you take the same view against the consumption of fast food which is arguably more damaging to society.

What a wet blanket!

LOL.

Seriously? Yes, problem gambling is a societal issue but I hardly think a buy in of $10-20 in a controlled environment will be problematic. This is hardly a place that promotes hardline sports betting.

I’m sure these posts will be deleted if this conversation continues, however, I’d be very interested to know whether you take the same view against the consumption of fast food which is arguably more damaging to society.

What a wet blanket!
It's also very much about the cruelty to and deaths of race horses. If it's wet blanket-ish to be against animal cruelty then I proudly plead guilty.

If you're genuinely interested in my opinion on consumption of fast food, feel free to start a thread on it in the Social Lounge and I'll be happy to respond.

I'd be down for all three!

Love the ideas!! Gonna be a bit of fun.

Personally, I play the official NRL Fantasy so won't join this Supercoach comp but I'd be keen for the tipping comp.

I haven’t been in one for about 4 or 5 years

Is their a competition code for the tipping comp? I clicked the link to join but it didn’t work.

Joined the SuperCoach comp no issues.

Back