• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, non political, non sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan Atkinson feels ‘duped’ by EVs

2021 Volvo C40 Recharge.

The well known actor has pointed out the environmental credentials of electric cars are not what they seemed and called for the adoption of a genius new solution.
I don't think they're a perfect solution by any means, but I think they are still a better option than a petrol or diesel vehicle. A couple of points though.
Petrol vehicles still have to be manufactured and for their entire life they have to burn fossil fuel. In addition there are more parts that can break and need to be repaired, again requiring manufacture.
For electric cars to reduce emissions they need to be charged from renewable sources otherwise I can't see the point. If your electricity is generated by coal then you are still burning stuff to make them run.

"Even if we level off our greenhouse gas emissions, that would still result in accumulation of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere," he said.
"That's because, roughly speaking, half of every tonne of carbon dioxide we emit sits in the atmosphere for hundreds or thousands of years.
"The only way to stop that is to take it down to zero, at which stage we'll actually start to stabilise CO2."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back